x
Beta Member

Edit Customer details

Does anybody know how to edit a customer's details once the invoice have started?

I started an invoice for a customer and was told that I got the shipping address wrong. I went back into the invoice and try to edit the customer's details but the box have been locked out and I cannot change anything. Help?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Danny_Low,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community! 

Once you've sent and invoice, the customer is not actually editable. The easiest way to remedy this would be to cancel the invoice and send a new one - hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Danny_Low,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community! 

Once you've sent and invoice, the customer is not actually editable. The easiest way to remedy this would be to cancel the invoice and send a new one - hope this helps!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 9

We have had this issue too when an existing customer updated their email address and we were unable to update to the new contact details to send the invoice. It seems ridiculous that you can't edit details on an open invoice. I understand not being able to edit an invoice that has been paid and closed. 

Message 3 of 9

I just sold a product to a customer but didn't add all his details to the invoice. I was going to go back in and add them so that it's easy to identify his order. I find I can't.

I ended up having to manually add the customer  to the customer list so that next time he orders I don't have to type all the details in again. You really ought to make this easier to get right the first time? ...and it ought to be editable!

๐Ÿ™‚

Born under a wondering star
Message 4 of 9
Admin

Thanks for adding your voice to this one @Slick1 - hopefully the customer directory process becomes smoother now you're familiar with the process!

I'll update this thread if I hear anything more on editing invoices in the future.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 9

Same problem here, it is quite frustrating that a simple edit is not available on invoices that are not paid yet. Are you going to change anything and make it easier to use down the line? 

Thank you.

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Unfortunately I don't have an update on this feature request at the moment, @Marionlecrayon, but I'm continuing to highlight the feedback we receive from sellers in the community with our Invoices team. 

Message 7 of 9

The squeaky wheel gets the oil?

๐Ÿ™‚

Born under a wondering star
Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@Slick1 ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 9 of 9