x

Edit "Untracked Team Members"

I decided to add Square for Retail in part so that I could run reports on sales by team member. I have the Square Terminal set up so that we are to log in with a code every time we go to make a sale.

I have noticed that occasionally it is open and ready to go without requiring a passcode. Because of this, a few sales have slipped through without a passcode and so I have sales attributed to "untracked team members". 

We keep a separate notebook of sales for this reason, and I can identify the team members, but that means my reports are wrong, like, forever. 

How can I go in and edit who the sale is credited to?

Message 1 of 32
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out about this. I hear you that this can be super annoying when the App moves into Untracked Employee status... especially when your goal is to record your team's sales. The untracked employee is something that occurs when you have a general team passcode. It is meant for sellers who want to have passcode security and not track sales. 

There are a couple things I want to check out here, but the main one is ensuring the Team Passcode setting is disabled in the Point of Sale app. You will see this under Settings > Passcodes > Allow Team Passcodes (make sure this is off).

Also, on the same screen, make sure to "Require Passcode After Each Sale," and that the app times out "never." This will keep the app from timing out of an employee's sign in and going to a team passcode, or untracked employee. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Best Answer

Hi! Thanks so much for reaching out about this. I hear you that this can be super annoying when the App moves into Untracked Employee status... especially when your goal is to record your team's sales. The untracked employee is something that occurs when you have a general team passcode. It is meant for sellers who want to have passcode security and not track sales. 

There are a couple things I want to check out here, but the main one is ensuring the Team Passcode setting is disabled in the Point of Sale app. You will see this under Settings > Passcodes > Allow Team Passcodes (make sure this is off).

Also, on the same screen, make sure to "Require Passcode After Each Sale," and that the app times out "never." This will keep the app from timing out of an employee's sign in and going to a team passcode, or untracked employee. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 2 of 32

Thank you! I’ve updated those settings, so hopefully that stops the issue. 

do you know if it’s possible to edit the sale to credit it to the correct stylist for future reporting?

Message 3 of 32

I'm happy that those steps helped! Please let me know if it doesn't fix the issue as well.

And as far as assigning previous sales to employees, that is still a feature request, so unfortunately at this time your older sales will always be tied to the untracked employee.

AshleyK
Message 4 of 32
Beta Member

Ashley, I'm having the same issue. Even though each person is using their own code, all sales still come through as "untracked team member". Why?

Message 5 of 32

What is an untracked employee and how do I fix this

Message 6 of 32

Hi @Station4 - Welcome and thanks for reaching out to us here on the Weebly Community!

I've merged your post to an existing thread where other sellers have previously discussed this topic. Please see the Best Answer by AshleyK for more info: Re: Edit "Untracked Team Members"

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Message 7 of 32

Is this feature now available?

Message 8 of 32

Hi,
When I go to this setting and turn the off the team passcode, then next day when i arrive the option is turned on all by itself. Any ideas why this is happening?

Iri 

Message 9 of 32

Hello @Irjasen - Are you turning off the code for only one team member? Can you please provide us with more details on how you are completing this step?

Thank you. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 32

Basically, I go under the global setting for the square register and turn the team passcode off. When I arrive the next day the team passcode option is on and it happens all on its own. This happens at both of our business location using the square register and started happening only a few months ago, I'd say.

Message 11 of 32

Try inactivating the POS passcode in your Square app under Settings > Security. Let me know if this worked? 

@Irjasen.

Sayra
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 12 of 32

It's already off, and should really have anything to do with the separate equipment, I would think.  😕

Message 13 of 32

Sorry to hear this did not help. Can you please contact our Customer Success Team so they can troubleshoot further. @Irjasen

Thank you! 

Sayra
Message 14 of 32

Is this the reason why sales transactions are not being deposited into my square business account?

Message 15 of 32

Hi @latucker,

Thanks for reaching back out!

While we're not able to look into transfers, or transactions via this public forum, this is something our support team can take a look at with you. Please reach out here when you get a chance. 

Message 16 of 32

Would you mind looking into my similar question that I just posted on this same feed?

Message 17 of 32

I cannot find where that setting is for untracked employee 

Message 18 of 32

Hey @Station4

Have you had a chance to check in your point of sale app, under under Settings > Passcodes > Allow Team Passcodes? Please also let us know which version of the POS you're using, e.g the app, or a Square Terminal or Register. 

Message 19 of 32
Beta Member

AshleyK,

I'm using Square for Retail and I do not have a Settings > Passcodes > Allow Team Passcodes that I can find.  On the terminal, there are no problems; all sales are appropriately attributed.  However, we have one iPad with a dongle that is used exclusively by one person (the owner, who is disabled).  Are permissions and rights different on a "dongle" device?  How can I attribute sales to the Owner?

Thank you.

Message 20 of 32

Hello @MyVintageVinyl,

Glad to see you posting in the Seller Community again, welcome!

In order to view Settings > Passcodes > Allow Team Passcodes, You'd need to sign out of the retail app and into the regular Point of Sale app. These settings do not differ by device. What honestly matters is what app you are currently utilizing. 😊

Most of these permission settings can be found in the regular Point of sale.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to reading your thoughts and replies!

Frida
Message 21 of 32