x

Exporting Custom Attributes for Items

Hi,

I'm wondering if I can export my items along with Custom Attributes? I am storing all of this information on these items, and would like to be able to export and keep this data without having to create a document of my own to store all the information in the custom attributes.

Thanks!

Sincerely,

PathofAvalon

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PathofAvalon! Thanks for reaching out. This is currently a feature request, but we are constantly expanding our system. I will pass this feedback forward to the development team for feedback. Thank you again.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 15

Thank you so much, AshleyK!

Message 3 of 15
Beta Member

I would also like to see the ability to import and export custom attributes.  For a business that is continually importing large numbers of new products, these custom fields have no value without being able to use them in bulk.

Message 4 of 15

I would also find this feature useful. Having custom attributes without ability to import/export them is very limiting. Do you know when this will be added?

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Hey @will6,

Thanks for reaching out and adding your voice to this feature request.

We don't have any news to share on if or when this feature might make it to Square, but we'll continue to track demand via this thread and we'll provide an update here if we're able to in the future!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 15

why have the ability to create a custom attribute and not be able to export it?

Message 7 of 15

Has this feature been added yet?

Thanks,

Jordan

Message 8 of 15

I need to be able to track Product ID's, i.e. Manufacturer ID, and a Custom Attribute text field would work for this if I had the ability to import and export them in bulk.  It should be as simple as adding the Custom Attribute field to the Import/Export database.

Please make this happen asap.

Message 9 of 15
Super Seller

@captainboom ;

Square has the ability for using SKU and a GTIN which you should be able to use for the manufactures ID.  Since I sell only at a physical location with Square I use the Descriptions field for a 'Custom Attribute text field' as a work around.  I am not sure if you could use this field also.   I do agree with you a Custom Text Field would be great that owners and employees could see, because I use my Description Field as an in house inventory location field for my items since I have four storage locations on the property for housing my inventory. 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 10 of 15

Is there an update on this feature request? This would be very helpful.

Message 11 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @brmnghm1,

I see this is your first post! Welcome to The Seller Community. 

There has not been an update on this feature request yet, sorry.

But I always encourage people to submit a feature request themselves. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers’ interest in your request. Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input! 🙂

Message 12 of 15
Beta Member

Any updates on this? Really should be a very simple fix. I went through and added some custom attributes to my items, but with no way to export them, it was a complete waste of my time. Not sure how that feature ever got released without being able to export them.

Message 13 of 15

Why has this simple feature not been added yet, the request was 2021. Square Up, you are taking al ot of our monthly fee's and then not updating the most needed features, such as the bulk Custom Attributes, and bulk image upload.

Square Up you need to actually listen to your customers, not just say you do and nothing happens, or more people will move to Lightspeed.

Provide a proper feedback please, when will this feature be added? 

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

This is a much needed feature. And seems easy enough to implement.

Is Square built on a NoSQL database platform? If not, then that explains why a lot of these feature requests aren't done.

Also - it's impossible for users (aka busy business owners and managers) to track ALL of the requests that apply to us. There are sO MANY requests...

Message 15 of 15