x
Super Seller

FYI Zebra DS2208-SR 2D scanner in Nova White works with Square Stand

I just purchased the Square Stand and also a DS2208 2D (in white $78.50) scanner off of Amazon and it works with Square Stand.  The only issue I am having is, getting CAPITALS and other symbols to be read by Square Stand.  Meaning, when I use the Front facing camera on the Ipad it reads my 2D barcode as " Raspberry & Cream" which is correct.  When I use the 2D scanner in the search it reads it as "raspberry 7 cream".    When I plug the 2D scanner into any of my PC's it reads the 2D barcode as "Raspberry & Cream".   I guess I will change the "&" to "and" in my SKU and for the 2D barcode and it will work fine.   Other items that are just text or numbers work like they should.  The reason I chose a 2D barcode was so I could use the Item name or a SKU to be placed as a Text in the QR barcode.  This saves me from trying to figure out 1D barcodes or buying GS1 barcodes plus an added benefit is they are all about the same size on my labels I create.   I do not use Square to create my 2D barcodes but have found free Youtube ways to make these, or as I do by my label software which actually can create barcodes 1D and 2D.

I just wanted to let people know that since the list of Working Scanners came out, new technologies with 2D scanners are working even tho they are not listed as Compatible with Square.   Since I am using the Square Stand, I can not say if this scanner will work with other Square apps or devices. 

I think Square may need to update lists of Scanners that works with their products.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0