x

Feature Request: Decimal points in the quantity received in a purchase order (Square for Retail)

We are a fabric shop. When we create a purchase order and enter the quantity of the fabric it will not allow us to enter a number with a decimal point.  We often receive bolts of fabric with x.xx yards.  Example:  We need to enter 15.68 as a quantity in the purchase order.  Is there a work around about this.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Hello @thestitch,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

At this point, entering fractional quantities is a feature request. 

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I just discovered this as well and it is a HUGE issue. We are a cheese and charcuterie shop. We sell items by the pound and have them configured with decimal measurements. But with Purchase Orders, we can't enter the weight of the items we receive. How soon will this be fixed?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

This is an issue for us too. We buy fabric from our suppliers, which we then tailor suits from. We need to order fabric to one and sometimes two decimal places, for example, 1.20 metres. Currently, this is not possible in Square Purchase Orders. Confusingly, it is possible to sell 1.20 metres of fabric in POS/Invoices, so why isn't it possible in Purchase Orders?

I hope this is implemented soon as any retailer selling in decimal quantities is likely to be buying in decimal quantities as well.

@tranguyen - I see this is a US feature request. As you know, we are based in the UK, so have posted accordingly. .  

Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

This is a huge issure for us too!  Quilt shop that sells fabric priced by the metre, but in centimetre increments.  Customers will not purchase by the centimetre, we NEED to have the option to sell in decimals online!  Thanks for updating offline, but until it's available online too AND we can print invoices on a regular printer, it is not worth it to do proper inventory through Square.  We end up having to keep a separate inventory program to be able to track inventory properly.  You cannot do inventory with the current Square setup and sell online!!  Please fix IMMEDIATELY- it's killing the small business with manpower hours!  I first contacted you about this directly months ago.

Message 5 of 7

Still no solution? This is incredibly frustrating. I love how easy it is to use the decimal fraction in POS. I too, have a fabric website and I am looking for an online and instore solution. How come it is such an issue to apply the same functionality to online stores that can be so easily applied in the app??? 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing your interest in this feature @CQS. Square's Software Engineers are different from one application to another and most if not all Product Teams work based on the feedback and demand for features. This being said while it might or might not be simple to implement this function in Square Online, the team is aware of the need but has been prioritizing different optimizations or features.

I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

I hope this information is helpful! 

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7