x
Super Seller Alumni

How Do I See More Detailed Gift Card Reports?

Right now the basic Gift Card report screen doesnt give me details on each card.

If I open up a transaction made by a gift card, I can see the history of that particular card including when they were purchased, how much was loaded on them, every transaction made by them, and how much is currently left on the card.

I'd love to be able to see this data for all of my active gift cards.

Is there a way to do this, or is it in the works?

This would be incredibly useful, and part of the reason I switched from my own paper gift certificates to the Square Gift Cards.

Thanks!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 1 of 34
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @malibuclub, I'm the PM on gift cards and we recognize our gift card reporting is limited. This is an area we are focusing on improving in the next couple quarters. Today, the gift card report, under Sales>>Report>>Gift Cards, do show how much is loaded given the date filter. It should be the combination of Activations and Load. Also, your gift card sales are shown in your 'Sales Summary' Report as a separate line item from your Total Sales. The numbers should tie up, and I'd be happy to look into it more if it doesn't. Please direct message me. 

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Beta Member

I'm looking for the entire gift card number as well.  Customers are buying eGift cards, but they are not linked to their customer profile until we manually enter the card number in their profile.  We like being able to "look up card on file" for quick checkout for our customers.  But if they cannot find their eGift card email containing their number while at checkout, we cannot redeem their card with manual entry.  Nor can we set up their customer profile to include their eGift card for the future.  All we can do from the POS is to go back and see that yes, they did purchase an eGift card, but we cannot redeem it for them unless they produce the email showing the entire card number.  Please help us get to these card numbers so we can link them to the correct customer profile for ease of checkout.  

Message 22 of 34
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @lilychiang 

I absolutely love the updated Gift Card Reporting Page! Thank you so much for listening to us and working on it and really improving it.

I love being able to see the All Time Outstanding Balance and to easily see & click through all of my Gift Cards based on last activity. Super cool!

One little thing I've noticed is that if multiple Plastic Gift Cards are loaded in the same purchase (or reloaded, I'm not sure) only the first one will show up on that scrollable list on the Overview page, and the rest of them will not appear.

Other than that - all is great and definitely tremendously helps to run our business effectively and efficiently with more knowledge and data!

Thanks again,
Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 23 of 34

How can I download or where can I obtain a complete gift card liability report with complete numbers?

Message 24 of 34
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RandiT! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

As mentioned above, the report is limited so what you're looking for with full numbers wouldn't be available.

We can pass along this suggestion to the reporting team though! 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 34

I need an unmasked liability report for my gift cards.  How do I get that?

Message 26 of 34

Years of people asking for complete numbers, and still no resolution? I use an external booking system specific to my industry, and would like to export the entirety of my gift cards to that system to be integrated. Is this something Square is working on?

Message 27 of 34

I agree completely. We are closing our business and have no way of finding out who still has giftcards with balances remaining. We would love to personally reach out to these clients so that they may use their money before we close. Unfortunately there is NO way of doing this. I've been trying to find one all day. Honestly, disappointed with the lack of options and features square has compared to systems i've used in the past. So many things missing. Hope it gets fixed soon, though when I switch to my new business I don't think I'll be using them for booking services due to these issues. 

Message 28 of 34
Beta Member

Adding another request for updates to the Gift Cards reporting features. 

We need to be able to see ALL gift cards on one report. daily, monthly, yearly, etc. views are okay, but in my opinion, those are not very important with gift cards. We just need to see ALL gift cards on one report with columns that have info such as Card Number, Issue Date, Balance Issued, Balance Remaining, Customer Name, Email, Etc.  

The current "Custom" date search throws an error message when I input older dates. It also doesn't give much wiggle for editing the dates period.  See attached photo - I selected 1/1/2019 to present, to try to see all my gift cards, and it says "Something went wrong"

Screenshot 2023-09-20 105631 - Square GC Error message .jpg

Is this something Square is working on updating? I see people have been asking about it for years now. 

I also have a question about gift card expiration dates - why are we not allowed to set expiration dates for Gift Cards? Is that something Square will change in the future? 

Could someone please reply and give us an update on this? 

Thank you!

Message 29 of 34

How can I download or where can I obtain a complete gift card liability report with complete numbers?  I need the card numbers and outstanding value on the card and I'm not sure why the card numbers are masked when uploading the detailed Gift Card Sales Report.

Message 30 of 34
Square Community Moderator

Hello @TapInsTroy At this time, Complete Gift Card Number reports aren't available. 

To appropriately send this Feature Request to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit it on our Ideate page for Square Gift Cards. Our team monitors these boards, and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 31 of 34

JJ - It was requested by a few people back in 2017 and 2018 and it appears Square still hasn't addressed the issue.  I'm doubting me submitting in your ideate page will make a difference and frankly, I shouldn't have to take this extra step.   Feel free to submit my idea to your ideate page.  

Message 32 of 34

No freaking kidding eh? Square wants us to beta test their software...report bugs...request changes and improvements that have already been requested...this is insane

Message 33 of 34
Beta Member

We use Square for Restaurants and I cannot fathom that there is no way to run a report of physical gif cards with the name of trhe purchaser. 

Message 34 of 34