x
Beta Member

How do I hide the current stock level from customers ?

There are some items that I am not going to hold a lot of stock for but I don't want customers to see the stock level.  

Can that be hidden ?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @GoulburnWestern and @Eurovan!

I took a further look into this and it does appear there's no option regarding displaying numbers in the item listing (eg "2 left in stock").

You can turn off low stock badges on items from what I can see, but not item numbers.

Having the ability for customers to place an order for an out of stock item would fall under a feature request for Square Online, or you could turn off stock tracking altogether as a workaround - though this might not be ideal if you're otherwise utilising Square to track your stock.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

From Settings > Item Settings > Item Statuses...

There are 3 options that relate to what a store viewer see's relating to stock.

All of my options are disabled and I do not believe that a quantity detail is available when viewing my store. Either, an item is in stock and therefore purchasable or it is out of stock in which case, cannot be ordered.

Check my URL and see if stock is displayed the way you are seeking.

www.eurovanpartsstore.com

Happy to check yours, let me know.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @GoulburnWestern and @Eurovan!

I took a further look into this and it does appear there's no option regarding displaying numbers in the item listing (eg "2 left in stock").

You can turn off low stock badges on items from what I can see, but not item numbers.

Having the ability for customers to place an order for an out of stock item would fall under a feature request for Square Online, or you could turn off stock tracking altogether as a workaround - though this might not be ideal if you're otherwise utilising Square to track your stock.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 3 of 5

Hello. Newbie here. Can someone please help me? How do I remove the 'low stock' label from showing under every available item?

I usually only have one or two of each item available so the label is always showing up, including on my featured items section and I don't think it looks very good

- I have set the stock level for each item to 1 or 2

- In each item settings I have turned off the 'low stock alert button'

- I am not fussed about tracking at this stage but if I turn it off then customers can add an unlimited number of each items to their cart which I don't want if I only have 1 or 2 available.

What am I missing? 

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hi @_KP_,

I've moved your post to this existing thread on the topic - unfortunately, there is no way to do this at the moment! The low stock alert option as I understand it, is to send you an alert when you're low in stock so you get a reminder to re-order new stock. 

Sorry we can't be of more help here! I'll pass your feedback on to our team.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 5