x

Change employee sale attributed to

Verified Answer
Beta Member

Our business is a hair salon that operates on commission. Sometimes our employees mis-attribute sales to other people who did not complete the sale. We need a way to edit these transactions and assign them to the correct employee for both accounting and payroll purposes. Because we use Payroll with commission, the employees who did not complete the sale end up getting paid, and the ones who actually made the sale do not. This is unacceptable.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Our business is a hair salon that operates on commission. Sometimes our employees mis-attribute sales to other people who did not complete the sale. We need a way to edit these transactions and assign them to the correct employee for both accounting and payroll purposes. Because we use Payroll with commission, the employees who did not complete the sale end up getting paid, and the ones who actually made the sale do not. This is unacceptable.

91 Comments

One of our employees rang his sales on a different user ID (sale person)- How can we manually adjust the sales to assign specific transactions to a different team member?

Admin

Hey @Lavendervalley-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Once a sale is completed by a team member, you cannot assign it to another team member for reporting. So sorry about that, but we don't have an override system. 

I'm going to pass this feedback along to the appropriate team, as this may be a feature we can develop for the future, as I imagine many sellers have had a similar issue. 

Beta Member

There are 3 staff members, and hitting book now assigns the appointment to first available staff. Realized after checkout that the appointment was checkout out under wrong staff member and all staff are paid commission only. How can I switch the who the sale is attributed to without doing a refund since the guest already left and no way to check this out again. 

Square Community Moderator

@studiowillow Thanks for reaching out about this. I've merged your thread to an existing one that will help answer your questions. Thank you!

Any update on this. Trying to change the employee under “ sale attributed to “ because incorrect code was accidentally put in. 

Beta Member

Has this issue been resolved? I also have this problem on an ongoing basis. Employees are paid a commission and when the sale is attributed to the wrong person it throws sales off for both people

Alumni

Hey @PrimePets - there isn't a fix bc this isn't a bug, it's just a limitation. However, I understand the need for this feature. We'll update you if something changes so make sure you're subscribed tho this thread. 

Beta Member

Any update? This is causing many issues for my business and would be very helpful is this feature is added.

Hi!  Same question.  I have 5 staff members who are checked out by a front desk.  If she accidentally attributes a sale to another staff member then it throws off commissions.  Any wag this can be updated/changed?

I have 1 employee that is commission based. She will ring a client up under her name but sometimes the sale goes to me. I can not figure out how to edit the sale. I can change the name of the employee under the service but not the transaction itself. To me it seems to be a glitch in the system.