x

How do I use barcodes with Square for Retail?

Hi, 

I am setting up my Square account for my new retail shop in Canada. The Retail App seems very great but it is not available on the Canadian app store 😞

I ordered the Square stand with the recommended printer and scanner but as i am creating my products in the app i don't understand how to create the barcodes and the products price labels. I saw some comments that said we were supposed to use a third party app?? Which app is the best?

When i found the app to generate barcode, where do i write this barcode on my product page so the scanner will be able to scan the product in the square selling dashboard? 

Do any of you have a really detailed tutorial to recommend or a step by step guide because i am really lost and start regretting buying all the square stuff if it is so complicated. 

Thanks!! 

P.S English is not my first language so sorry for all my spelling mistakes 😉

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @lisa_m @KioskDuCoin @kickaboo! I wanted to let you know that Square for Retail is now available in Canada!

Learn more about how to set up a barcode scanner and label printer and how to create barcode labels with Square for Retail in our Support Centre.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I recommend purchasing a USB barcode reader- if you use an iPad, laptop or the pos system. Then you just scan in the sku when adding the product. Hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 4

Hi Lisa, were you able to make your Square Stands works with bar coding in Canada ?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @lisa_m @KioskDuCoin @kickaboo! I wanted to let you know that Square for Retail is now available in Canada!

Learn more about how to set up a barcode scanner and label printer and how to create barcode labels with Square for Retail in our Support Centre.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4