x

How do you attract customers just starting out?

Greetings...

I would like to know how do you engage customers browsing on your website, what's the best techniques you know and what suggestions do you have, please browse my website and let me know your thoughts!  Constructive Criticism welcome!   What are the best integration options, plus any other marketing tactics.

www.honeybeezhive.co

www.consultbyli.org

Lisi
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Honeybeezhive & @ashc 

Good luck with Online Promotion! You got this!

Here are a couple of thread with some tips!

My started guide to online promotion:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Retail-Group/Question-of-the-Day-I-m-a-new-retail-busi...

A post with some links to Square Blog Articles:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Retail-Group/I-built-a-square-online-store-now-what-Ho...

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Tagging a few sellers off the top of my head who might be able to give some helpful tips:

There's some existing threads in the Community where other sellers asked the same thing and there was more engagement but I can't find them for the life of me.

Here's this Town Square article about driving sales that might help as well!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Honeybeezhive & @ashc 

Good luck with Online Promotion! You got this!

Here are a couple of thread with some tips!

My started guide to online promotion:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Retail-Group/Question-of-the-Day-I-m-a-new-retail-busi...

A post with some links to Square Blog Articles:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Retail-Group/I-built-a-square-online-store-now-what-Ho...

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 9

How do I advertise and drive individuals to my website?

Message 4 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @asilibylois and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

Check out @pessosices's links for some helpful pages.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

Hi @Honeybeezhive 

Looks like the first website is set up as an eCommerce website with beauty products from nails, lashes and facial skin care. The second link looked like you are building a site for salon consulting? Are these websites built on Weebly (which is a Square eCommerce platform)?

Are you trying to reach a specific demographic with these products? I'd put a stake in the ground on who you're targeting in your home page. Your target demographic may change as your audience size grows.

Before spending a lot of energy and resources on being "discoverable" I'd focus on the website's customer experience. For an eCommerce channel, visual storytelling is key to the customer experience. A good story will keep a customer on your website and ultimately they'll click that shop now button to make a purchase if you earn their trust. 

Often, you'll hear "customer experience" referred to as "customer journeys". If you like film it's almost like creating a story board. Imagine your website visitor as someone looking for something to satisfy their need. Like a quest. And why Honey Bee Hive is the answer to this person's quest.

Building a site with the content that will attract your target audience is an important part of discoverability (in addition to creating extension channels which @pessosices mentioned). Having the right content also means your site needs to be optimized for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). We use a tool called Moz to optimize web pages. Here's a great article that talks about the process https://moz.com/learn/seo/what-is-seo

Then another important aspect to growing your audience is making sure your site is built with a customer acquisition funnel in mind. This means understanding how a visitor navigates from each page, do they click your CTAs (Call to Action) and ultimately do they submit their information or make a purchase or do they leave? Knowing the exit pages is also key to improving your site's customer experience.

We are a software company, though we've been asked by our customers to build websites for them. And we do for a handful. 🙂 Here is an example: https://www.nappstar.com/ (it is built and designed on Weebly). 

A lot to chew on, but I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out with any follow up questions. 

Message 6 of 9

Home Advisor. I used them exclusively and built my business. You can look at their map and add zipcodes you want. I would pay 16-35 dollars per lead but just add extra in your cost. Make sure you use the feature where you can shut off the leads coming in ...and then turn them on when your ready, because if  it is left on they could flood you with business and you pay for each lead. This feature is ONLY on the laptop or home computer it is not available for cell phone of any type.

If you are out in the field 20 miles out their will be no way to shut them off. I take a couple then shut it off to see if they produce etc...also get a website and they will tie it into your account...people need to see this just for legitimacy. And if you have the website you will get more traffic without Home Advisor as they are getting your website ranked higher all the time to where I have had home advisor turned off for 10 months now cause my site is still ranking and plus they helped me build  my client list..... Good Luck

Message 7 of 9

Sorry one more thing. My website I built for free, its a little cheesy and not finished but works to show customers that i exist.  Make sure it is made with Word Press because wix and all the others do not rank as high or are as compatible with Google as WordPress. My neighbor builds websites and does logos and advertising and told me this.

Good Luck

Message 8 of 9

You may want to start by re-designing your landing (Home) page to something more appealing to the eye.  This is the first page customers will see.  Your current page consist of of 'contact us' form, and nothing eye catching to make me want to explore the rest of your site.

Message 9 of 9