x

How do I change the date on a future egift card?

Hello! I am having a hard time changing the future date on an eGift card. A customer accidentally put the wrong date for the future date of delivery for her gift card, and I want to fix it for her. How do I do that?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

I've just tested this but no luck. Although it seems 'round- about', the best solution is to clear the egift card balance and refund the transaction so your customer can re-purchase it on your egift card site. 

Alternatively, you can resell and resend it directly from the POS with a 100% discount but there is not a option to send it on a further date from the POS. For now, I've moved your post to our Feature Request Board for tracking.

I hope this helps! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

A customer purchased a gift card online but chose a date to far in advance for email delivery. Is there a way to change this on our end?

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

@tucostacolounge - Merged you to a thread where a similar question was asked 🙂

Hope to see more posts!! 

Justin
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

A customer purchased an electronic gift card online and chose a delivery date in the future. The customer has requested that we change the delivery date to a different, sooner date. It appears there is no way to do this.

I suppose the only thing to do is clear the balance on the gift card, refund the purchase, and instruct the customer to make a new purchase with the desired date. That's a bit awkward and not ideal from a customer service perspective, but the real question/problem that remains is this: What happens on the originally selected delivery date? Does the original gift card email still go out to the gift card recipient? They won't be able to spend the cleared out gift card, but that's going to be awkward and confusing. Or is that email automatically cancelled? How can I tell?

I want to be able to have an informed conversation with the customer who made the request, but I can't tell how it will play out

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

Unfortunately there isn't a way to edit the send date for a gift card. Sorry about that. I merged you to a similar thread where I give the best solution. 

@robbez

Justin
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

thanks/no thanks. I already could see that the gift card system was missing the date-change function, and i wanted to make sure i mentioned and complained about it.

My actual question was about how to CANCEL THE EMAIL scheduled to be sent out on that original date, once the transaction had been refunded and the gift card balance cleared. I can't find any documentation about this.

Message 7 of 7