x

How to create different prices for items per location? Price override?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Multiple location aggravation]

I have a bakery and I am trying to set up a second location for my booth at the local Farmers market. I wish to add some of the items I sell to the Markets square app, and have different prices there than I have at the bakery. Any changes I make to prices seem to change the price at all locations, and that is not what I want. Do I need to create different item so that I can have these different prices. 

I have found a help article which tells me to visit items in my online square dashboard, and then under ‘Price and Inventory” click ‘edit per location’ . I do not see this option anywhere . Can some one please show me how to make this choice appear ? I am at my wits end with this. 

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bakerboy-

I know what instructions you're referring to, and they had me confused as well. While these instructions are out of date, the feature is still available. If you select an item in the Online Dashboard, and click ‘edit variation details’ you can add a price override:

Thanks for surfacing this Support Center content issue, and I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Bakerboy-

I know what instructions you're referring to, and they had me confused as well. While these instructions are out of date, the feature is still available. If you select an item in the Online Dashboard, and click ‘edit variation details’ you can add a price override:

Thanks for surfacing this Support Center content issue, and I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

did price override simply go away in the last month?  it is not displaying for me any longer when I create a bew item.  My older items have this option.   Weird...

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jgrgetich 👋

I was testing this internally and I was able to find the price overrride option is living under Edit variation details (see screenshot)

After opening that screen you will see the option for Price Override

Once you click there you will find  the Price Override field populate for you.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

and where is this now???

Really frustrating there isn’t any current help document that accurately explains how to do this.

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @pettytheft 

This is still found under edit items. It seems you have found this already, but I wanted to make sure this was answered.

Thanks for reaching out.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

I can't get this override feature to work.  When I put in the override price and location, it changes the base price at all locations and makes the zero dollars and marked free.  What am I doing wrong?

Message 7 of 8
Super Seller

Thank you, @isabelle , this was exactly what I was searching for, and couldn't figure out, and was about to post a new thread, and then ran across this post/response.  Very helpful!  This feature is probably useful to many, but the way to do it is very obscure and I am not sure many people would figure it out easily. 

Thanks!  🦋

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 8 of 8