x

I built a square online store, now what?

What is the best way to promote an online store?  How do people find it? 

Message 1 of 19
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: 🌃 Welcome New Community Members 🌃

Hey @Lindasvintage!! You have a couple options.

• Learn how to use Social Media to market your Online Store (the linked article has a video)
  • Optimize your site's search ranking so your site is indexed by search engines. To do so, configure your SEO settings from the Online Store Dashboard. 

Also, as @Alex_ suggested on this thread you posted in before, not a bad idea to give our Ecom Support Team a call so they can help maximize all the offerings the Online Store has that will benefit your biz. 

1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

• Learn how to use Social Media to market your Online Store (the linked article has a video)
  • Optimize your site's search ranking so your site is indexed by search engines. To do so, configure your SEO settings from the Online Store Dashboard. 

Also, as @Alex_ suggested on this thread you posted in before, not a bad idea to give our Ecom Support Team a call so they can help maximize all the offerings the Online Store has that will benefit your biz. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Thank you for your welcome, but I still don't know how to proceed with getting the store "out there", and how to promote it and get customers to visit.  I have been using my facebook business page, but don't know how to draw people to the online store, besides personally inviting them.   I was an Etsy seller for 8 years, and I understand that was a marketplace. I guess now, I am on my own to figure things out .   Do you recommend any videos for helping me to find customers?  Thank you for any info. or help.   Sincerely,Linda

Message 2 of 19
Alumni

Best Answer

Justin
Message 3 of 19
Beta Member

hey text me i can hepl you i been throught this process 330 2749334 i own taxi company i might can help you 

Message 4 of 19

Can I as well text u I need help in this area as well

Message 5 of 19

When using square what have you found to be the best benefits of attracting customers to your site? Especially, starting fresh with limited funds?

Message 6 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hey @RT32B,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been discussed a little bit.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 7 of 19

As a young business owner, how can i drive more traffic to my website

Message 8 of 19
Beta Member

have you added your company to google my business yet 

Message 9 of 19

Yes, I have. I've added it to all of the business platforms. Im not really sure what to do with it. Managing ads and the additional things. I'm in need of putting together a strategy.

Message 10 of 19

I just started my business that is called Royalè Luxury Gifts 4u! I am a gift box service for BABIES, KIDS & ADULTS. I also Make handmade crochet items. Check us out at

--> www.royaleluxurygifts4u.com <-- and let me know what to do to improve business more!! 

Thank you!

Message 11 of 19

Hi @RoyaleLuxury4u and welcome to the Community!

Congrats on your new online store. I moved your post to an existing thread where there's discussion on driving business/traffic to it.

I'll also tag some sellers here for input on your store as well:

@Donnie-M @Goldneye @GourmetOnWheels @HC_Charlie @homeprogreen @HvBx_WA @JamesSandbar @jjgard @JupiterGames @LocavoreStore @londontea @MAXSDELI @MichiganFarmsta @mooretoys @page158 @pessosices @pieous @porktaco @Ravenssong69 @ryanwanner @sugarlab @TheTShirtLady @VanKalkerFarms @vinesandrushes

Ashley C
Message 12 of 19
Super Seller

@RoyaleLuxury4u There are several things that you can do to make your website perform better.

Remove the pink block.

In your "All about Royale" section I suggest you use one font color and perhaps lose the little pictures. Make's it easier for Google to crawl your website

In the header (Top Right) you should have "Calls To Action" a phone number, your email address, etc. See the attached screenshot as an example.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 13 of 19

Where do I go to remove pink block? and where is the calls to action located?? 

Message 14 of 19
Super Seller

There I cannot help you. I did not build my site with Square I used Ecwid/Duda. Were you able to use one font color, and one font style, and perhaps lose the little pictures? Calls to action is not a section, they can be: A phone number, email address, discount offer, link to a class on YouTube, etc.

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 15 of 19

Thank you!!

Message 16 of 19
Super Seller

Hi @RoyaleLuxury4u! Thanks for joining us in the Square community! It's tremendously rewarding to start your own business; congratulations and best of luck to you! Obtaining website traffic is a huge challenge, even for the BIG players in e-commerce. Just imagine how many websites are out there in the Internet world and how many choices people have to shop! It can be daunting but stick with it and start small or more local. 

Do you offer local delivery? Sometimes it's a good start to look for customers in your local town or city and get yourself known. Either newsletter advertising or even in-person events or craft shows. You may be able to set up a table in a local event or partner with a retail store. You can show your items in person and hand out your business card and online website address. Word of mouth is great to create new business contacts. 

While launching a website can happen in a matter of hours and be LIVE on the Internet, unfortunately it does take time to create a steady stream of traffic to your website. Try to be patient and network with friends and new contacts as much as you can. Good luck to you!

Message 17 of 19

Thank you very much! I will be doing just that!!

Message 18 of 19

Best of luck going forward, @RoyaleLuxury4u! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions along the way 😇

Joe
Message 19 of 19