x

I’d like to find a report that shows the number of units of each product sold, monthly in a category

I know how to find items inventoried within a category, but not number of items sold within a months time.  Current inventory/units sold last month...perfect report for reordering product.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @TylerKing080105 !

I can't find a report that would specifically show current inventory levels--but that may be a limitation of not using Square for Retail. I'm just using the standard Point of Sale myself. Hopefully someone can chime in with how to get to that report in the Retail world.

As for the items sold report, I can definitely help you out here, and I'll show you how to set it up so you don't have to go digging every time you want this report.

On your web dashboard, go to Reports -> Custom Reports. Click Create New Report.

Give it a good title so you can find this report in the future.

You can remove any report that's listed here by hovering your mouse in the area of the report and clicking the X in the upper right.

Add Report -> Item Sales

Once it populates (this can take a little while depending on the age of your computer and the size of your item library--if you get "webpage is loading slowly" alerts just keep hitting wait), hover your mouse in the report area and hit the Edit Columns section.

Add in the Items Sold and Units Sold options plus the Returned options, remove anything else you don't want.

Save the report.

Now, every time you're wanting this report, you can head to the Custom Reports section and just choose the dates you want. You'll get a full report of items sold without having to tweak data each time.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi @TylerKing080105 !

I can't find a report that would specifically show current inventory levels--but that may be a limitation of not using Square for Retail. I'm just using the standard Point of Sale myself. Hopefully someone can chime in with how to get to that report in the Retail world.

As for the items sold report, I can definitely help you out here, and I'll show you how to set it up so you don't have to go digging every time you want this report.

On your web dashboard, go to Reports -> Custom Reports. Click Create New Report.

Give it a good title so you can find this report in the future.

You can remove any report that's listed here by hovering your mouse in the area of the report and clicking the X in the upper right.

Add Report -> Item Sales

Once it populates (this can take a little while depending on the age of your computer and the size of your item library--if you get "webpage is loading slowly" alerts just keep hitting wait), hover your mouse in the report area and hit the Edit Columns section.

Add in the Items Sold and Units Sold options plus the Returned options, remove anything else you don't want.

Save the report.

Now, every time you're wanting this report, you can head to the Custom Reports section and just choose the dates you want. You'll get a full report of items sold without having to tweak data each time.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5

Is anyone else having trouble getting the inventory history to show an accurate report of items sold over a certain time frame? For example, I'll run a report for the past month of a certain supplier and the report will say that I haven't sold anything, when I know that I have.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @monomono,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller was asking how to pull this kind of report.

Check out this awesome answer by @ryanwanner that should help you make sure this report is reflecting accurately for you!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Doesn't it seem like this should already work in the inventory management section? The functionality is already there, the report simply doesn't load.

Message 5 of 5