x

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid Invoices

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Invoice Feature Suggestion

I would like to suggest a feature for invoices that is already available for website orders. We currently have the ability to keep up with the progress of our website orders, add tracking numbers for shipments, etc. I do most of my business through invoicing, so unfortunately I do not have the ability to do any of these things. Would it be possible to apply the same features to the invoice tab on the app?  

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: "Mark as Shipped" option and a space to add tracking number to paid I

PLEASE add this feature to invoices. It's ridiculous to have to e-mail our customers separate from the invoice to inform them of their shipping and tracking info, and not be able to see myself the same information from the invoice itself.

Similarly, why can't we create shipping labels for invoices? I'm really hoping we're just overlooking the obvious here. Instead, we've had to create a hidden page for our store and, for every invoice, log into that hidden page, put in a bogus order for "Shipping Label", then go to Square Online (Weebly), to create the label. That's a TON of extra and disconnected steps, not to mention the need to even set up the additional page, fake item, etc.

I really don't understand how features like this (a) don't exist and (b) take an inexcusable amount of time to implement.

Verified Answer

Re: Item shipped option on invoice

If you are using a Square Online website to allow customers to purchase items from you online, you are able to mark orders as ready for pickup or mark as shipped, @alfoster163.

It isn't possible to take these actions using Square Invoices. If something changes, we'll update this thread!

Verified Answer

Re: adding shipping cost

You are correct that there isn’t a specific shipping option and that you have to enter shipping as a line item. Hopefully this will be fixed quickly. 

For the the time being, for wholesale discounting, you can have line item discounts. From the dashboard, click on the customize link (if the screen doesn’t pop up immediately when you enter the item) and manually add the discount here. For the Point of Sale or Invoices app, you can tap on the item and scroll down to add a discount. This does add some time for invoice creation versus one discount at the end, but this way your shipping isn’t discounted. 

Verified Answer

Re: Where can I add flat rate shipping to invoice?

There isn't a native way to do this yet, unfortunately.

What I do for flat rate shipping is have an item named Shipping with a variable price. I add this to the invoice when needed.

136 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Ah, that makes a lot of sense and I can see how useful that would be to sellers who rely on invoices to help sort out a lot of their purchases. I will definitely bubble the feedback to our team, but will say that we do not have anything like this on our roadmap at the time, so it may be a while before you see a feature like this arrive. The best workaround would be to direct your customers to make orders in the online store rather than creating invoices for them, which I understand is not something you truly want to do right now. 

I do hope this helps in some way and thank you so much for explaining this feature request to me! 🙂

All you can do right now is do the math yourself. When its time to report your earnings, search for your "shipping" items and subtract the total from the amount collected.

It is really pathetic that you have to do this when square already has a separate way of setting up and reporting shipping charges, but its only for items sold through the online store. One would think it would be easy to apply the same to a physical store location. Granted, you would still have to subtract the amount out of the total, but at least it would be totaled for you and save a lot of the work.

Here is a picture of my square report for a time when I only had online sales and you can see they have a way of separating out the shipping charge on its own line called "Service Charge." The question is why can't we make and apply "Service Charges" manually.example.png

We need a line item for shipping. It also needs to be optional. Sometimes we invoice and do not know if the customer is going to want shipping or in store pick up. 

Hello @Jeremywright - We appreciate your feedback and understand that this would be helpful for many sellers. While this is still a feature request you can take a look at @ryanwannerworkaround in this thread. Please note that if you decide to add this additional line item/shipping, the rate will be added to your invoice as a gross sale since it's technically being sold as an item, as mentioned by Justin below.

In the meantime, we will continue our efforts to provide additional invoice features. 

Thank you!

Thanks for the response. I've read the threads and work arounds. I just wanted to stress the point that we need this feature. The fact that we have to do a work around is really unfortunate. Hopefully something will occur soon. 

is there a way to mark invoices as shipped without archiving them ?

Alumni

@FLawlessMFX There isn't an option to mark an invoice shipped. 

Has the shipping line option been created yet? It looks like it has been a requested topic for months. I too am trying to figure out how to set up my online store but can't do online sales if I don't have a way to charge shipping to my customers.

Does Square offer a "Mark as Shipped" option for invoices? The customer has already paid her invoice. (It wasn't an order online, it was paid through an invoice being emailed.)But it would be nice to mark as shipped and to have a space to enter the tracking number and then for it to send them a shipped email like in shipping software.

It's not possible to mark as shipped once the invoice is paid, however, we are working bringing a feature like this to the dashboard. I don't have the expected eta, but it will hopefully be launching soon. 🙂