x

Invoice Feature Suggestion

I would like to suggest a feature for invoices that is already available for website orders. We currently have the ability to keep up with the progress of our website orders, add tracking numbers for shipments, etc. I do most of my business through invoicing, so unfortunately I do not have the ability to do any of these things. Would it be possible to apply the same features to the invoice tab on the app?  

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Ah, that makes a lot of sense and I can see how useful that would be to sellers who rely on invoices to help sort out a lot of their purchases. I will definitely bubble the feedback to our team, but will say that we do not have anything like this on our roadmap at the time, so it may be a while before you see a feature like this arrive. The best workaround would be to direct your customers to make orders in the online store rather than creating invoices for them, which I understand is not something you truly want to do right now. 

I do hope this helps in some way and thank you so much for explaining this feature request to me! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

@BLyn are you referring to wanting to add shipping information to invoices? You can always attach files to your invoices, which could include your order form/shipping information as well. 

AshleyK
Message 2 of 7

Hi Ashley!

I guess what I'm meaning is I want my invoice orders to also show up in the orders tab on the app, just like my website orders do. Once an invoice is paid, I would like it to automatically be sorted into the orders tab and have all of the same features associated with processing website orders. I hope I'm making sense.

For example, a friend of mine uses Shopify and every order that is placed on the website and every order that is invoiced are all in the same place, organized in the order they were paid in. 

Message 3 of 7

Best Answer

Ah, that makes a lot of sense and I can see how useful that would be to sellers who rely on invoices to help sort out a lot of their purchases. I will definitely bubble the feedback to our team, but will say that we do not have anything like this on our roadmap at the time, so it may be a while before you see a feature like this arrive. The best workaround would be to direct your customers to make orders in the online store rather than creating invoices for them, which I understand is not something you truly want to do right now. 

I do hope this helps in some way and thank you so much for explaining this feature request to me! 🙂

AshleyK

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7

In addition to the previous comments, this feature would also be useful to allow tracking for order where deposits are necessary which require use of invoicing rather than the online store.  

Message 5 of 7

I agree, this feature is what I am looking for. I would like to be able to provide status updates and tracking numbers for invoices to move them through the fulfillment process. 

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for adding your voice in support of this Feature Request, @jpaulson! As soon as we have more info to share in regards to launch, we will reach back out to everyone here and update accordingly.

Cheers!

Joe
Message 7 of 7