x
Beta Member

Invoice and inventory

I have a problem. When I make an invoice, and give people time to pay (30 days for example), inventory don't adjust until they pay. But I need to give them the order immediately.

This is a problem also related to the accrual method of account that is not supported by square, but only the cash method.

We pay retail to get inventory worked out. This should work.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Items added to Square Invoice will not be decremented from inventory until the invoice is paid, @SamuelDesgagne1.

I've moved your post here where @JustinC responded to this feature request, as this is where we'll make an announcement if there are changes made to the way Square Invoices function in the future.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Is there any update on this? We need this to get inventory right. Why would we do an invoice that you can pay 30 days later, and get the stock out only when it's paid? It should at least be removed at the invoice creation date or for the best at the service date. Same thing for the "sale" reporting.

Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

Message 4 of 9

This feature is essential - it makes the automated inventory basically useless because I have to now manually write out stock when I create an invoice and then add it back after the vendor pays their invoice so that I don't end up overselling inventory. When is this fix coming?

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @thepaulabrent. I will pass it over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future updates.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 9

I got good news for you guys!! I found a two step solution. (You need to activate the ticket supplement for this to work)First you need to create these two things, a discount name ยซ on account ยป for 100% on all and a item with no price so its variable called ยซ on account ยป

Proceed on a POS to create your sale, once donne print the ticket with the amount on then open the ticket and apply the 100% on account discount and process the transaction cash by pressing on zero next to cash.

this step as ajusted you inventory.

then proceed to create an invoice with the total ammount entered with the ยซ on account ยปitem. Post and voila!!!

let me know how it works for you guysโ€ฆ

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing this workaround, @Distributionv, we appreciate you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 8 of 9

Can you send this solution in other tread that match that issue.. i know alot of people is waiting on that solution!!

If i wouldnโ€™t found it for myself i would of had to change everything to another system!!

Message 9 of 9