x

Is it possible to show item variations on online order confirmation emails?

I've received recent customer feedback that item variations (which I've populated from option sets) are not shown to the customer on order confirmation emails. Only the main item title and variation SKU are shown - which is confusing to the customer. The modifiers are also shown (a setting I selected to turn on). Item variation details are viewable within our transactions but a customer-facing item variation name would be very helpful. I can only find a way to turn on "item description" for receipts (which was already on) but cannot find anything regarding item variations. I assumed this was automatic and when I receive an online order email, I can view these details but customers are claiming they cannot.

UPDATE: I asked a friend to send a screenshot of her online order confirmation email and the item variations were there. Clearly outlined. I don't understand how anyone couldn't see that but I had two customers tell me they ordered one thing but got another and blamed it on the lack of item details they were able to see on their order receipts. who knows. 

T.Best
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

@planthouse - as you noticed by the screenshot sent by your friend, variations will always appear on the order confirmation emails. If your customer runs into this issue again, grab a screenshot and surface it to our Ecom Team so they can take a deeper look.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2