x

Is there a way for me to verify a xxx.square.site domain for Instagram shops?

Or do I have to create/transfer a new domain for this purpose?  Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Hey @Marv2!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community 

You do not need a new domain to connect Instagram to your Square Online Store.

Are you looking to create shoppable instagram posts? Or to have your instagram viewable on your site? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

@isabelle thanks for your response.  I want to create shopable instagram posts and have a link to my shop visible on my instagram page.  Thanks

Message 3 of 11
Admin

Awesome @Marv2

This is the best resource. It goes over what you'll need in order to connect the two. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 11

@isabelle Thanks for your reply.  I'm still having the problem.  My catalog/shop are up and working on Facebook but not Instagram.  Thanks

Commerce Manager --> Overview --> Verify your Website Domain --> You must verify ownership of your domain xxx.square.site -- Exclamation Mark!  

Commerce Manager -->Business Assets --> Ads and Sales Channel --> Instagram [VISIBLE] for my Instagram Business Page

But there is still some Instagram approval hanging things up apparently.

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 5.02.41 PM.png

Message 5 of 11
Admin

Hi @Marv2! Stepping in for @isabelle with your question.

It looks like from your screenshot that your Instagram account hasn't yet been converted to a business profile. In order for the integration to work, you'll need to convert your Instagram profile to a business profile.

Once they approve that you should be able to complete the setup.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 6 of 11

@AdamB Thanks for your reply.  It is a business account.  I converted it quite a while ago.

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Marv2,

If it is a business account and you're still having these troubles- you may want to try and reach out to Instagram to see why you're not able since it's working on Facebook. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 11

@ash Thanks for your reply.  I've tried to reach out to Instagram.  Haven't heard from them.  Do you know a link or point of contact that works?  Thanks

Message 9 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@Marv2 Unfortunately I don't. It's hard to say since I don't work for Instagram/Facebook.

I'm only able to find guides for Instagram shopping from their Support Center like this one. Not sure if you've looked over this one yet.

There's also this article from our Support Center that may be of help if you haven't seen it yet also.

Outside of these- I'm out of options on advise on aside from contacting them since the approval process is on their end and we have no control over it.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 11

@ashc Okay. Understood. Thanks

Message 11 of 11