x

Is there a way to pause my account?

Good evening, I just recently lost my home and all inventory for my online shop in a fire.  Is it possible to pause my account and place it on hold and it not incur charges while I figure out if I will be able to continue with my business?

thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @JOSmith - good lord, I am so sorry to hear this news. The Square family sends love and light to you and your business - please let us know if there is anything we can do!

In regards to pausing your account, if you only collect transactions through Square, there is no need to cancel or pause - the account only will incur charges per transaction, or in other words, you will only be charged when you use it.

However, if you are currently opted into to monthly service charges for Square Marketing or Payroll, you can pause those subscriptions at any time from your Online Dashboard.

If you are still left needing more answers, feel free to reach out to our Support Team directly - they can make sure you are taken care of!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hi @JOSmith - good lord, I am so sorry to hear this news. The Square family sends love and light to you and your business - please let us know if there is anything we can do!

In regards to pausing your account, if you only collect transactions through Square, there is no need to cancel or pause - the account only will incur charges per transaction, or in other words, you will only be charged when you use it.

However, if you are currently opted into to monthly service charges for Square Marketing or Payroll, you can pause those subscriptions at any time from your Online Dashboard.

If you are still left needing more answers, feel free to reach out to our Support Team directly - they can make sure you are taken care of!

Joe
Message 2 of 4

How do you un pause?

Message 3 of 4

If you are looking to unpause your subscriptions this can be done from the same location.

Start from your Square Dashboard then head to Account and Settings. Once there, Select Business and lastly Pricing and Subscriptions. From here you should be able to manage your active subscriptions and unpause any paused subscriptions.

I hope this information is helpful @kjoarrowhead

JJ
Message 4 of 4