x
Beta Member

Item Type "Service" Marked as "Not Available" in Online Store

I am trying to set up an online store item that is a "Service" item type. I set everything up correctly (I think) but the item just says "Not Available" when viewed in the online store. 

Nothing I do to change the stock levels, etc. makes the grayed-out "Not Available" button change to "Add to Cart." What am I doing wrong?Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 3.19.34 PM.png

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hmm, is the service item set to available on the edit item page of your Online Store Dashboard? 

@Cheesetique 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Yes, it is set to "visible."

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

What Service Item are you referring to? I don't see Test Class in your library? 

Justin
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

Sorry, I deleted it when it wasn't working. I just created it again.

It is set to "visible" in the online store  settings and it is enabled in both locations. But, if you go to the item through the store website (http://cheesetique.square.site --> Classes & Events) you will see the "Not Available" button. No matter what I do, I can't make that button change to "Add to Cart."

Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

I figured out why it's "Not Available." It seems that it's only available for purchase from the Shirlington location. When I've selected that location, it has the "Add to Cart" button but when I've selected the Del Ray location, it says "Not Available."

I figured this out by clicking on the "Stock" setting in the online store for that item. It looks like Shirlington was set as the "Shipping Location" and so it only is available when shopping there. See photo.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.14.16 AM.png

Is there a way to make a service available regardless of location where the customer is shopping?

The reason I want to do this is because we sell certain items that can only be picked up on a certain day, so I don't want people to be able to choose a pickup day. The only way I can figure out how to do that is to make certain items a "service."

Message 6 of 11
Alumni

Oh Glad you figured it out! To make a service available at any location, you'll need to enable inventory tracking for each location.

As for setting a specific pick up day, that feature isn't available but we're continuously tracking the need for it here.

For now, the order scheduling feature is an all or nothing tool - if enabled, customers have free reigns to pick a date and time. 

@Cheesetique

Justin
Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

Hi again! I tried doing that, but it still shows as "Not Available" in Del Ray. You can see that both in the Dashboard and in the Online Store settings, the item has tracking turned on for both locations AND I even set a stock level of 100 units in each location (see photos below). Del Ray still says "Not Available." Is there some other setting I should change? Again, ideally we wouldn't have to set a stock level (like a true "service" these items don't sell out). I just want to offer an item online that acts like a service and can be purchased at both locations.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 3.09.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-03 at 3.09.17 PM.png

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

Okay, it's best if you call in to get tailored support. Seems like our Ecom Team will need to look at your account specifically to comb through your settings to ensure they're set up properly. 

Reach out here

Justin
Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

Just contacted them. Thank you!

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @Cheesetique! Let us know where you land with Support!

Joe
Message 11 of 11