x
Beta Member

List of items with no sales

I am trying to find a report that will show a list of items in my inventory that have had no sales.  Or, a list of items with their last sale date.  Any ideas?  I'm trying to clean up an inventory we took over a couple months ago that has a lot of old items we no longer carry.  And not worried about keeping any history on anything with no sales.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @themoose 🌼

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Viewing stock history is a feature that comes with Square for Retail. Please take a look at that Support Center article and see if that's what you're looking for.

Otherwise, we do not currently have a way of viewing a report of unsold items 😔. You could view an item sales report from Reports > Item Sales in the Square Dashboard. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @themoose 🌼

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

Viewing stock history is a feature that comes with Square for Retail. Please take a look at that Support Center article and see if that's what you're looking for.

Otherwise, we do not currently have a way of viewing a report of unsold items 😔. You could view an item sales report from Reports > Item Sales in the Square Dashboard. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 9

Could we put a request in for this feature? I think it would be pretty straightforward and would create a lot of value when businesses are trying to figure out what items they need to get rid of. 

Message 3 of 9

How do you get this report with square retail?

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

I never found an oob report to do this, I also asked via support case and was told that report isn't available.  I haven't tried it yet, but my idea was to use the Item Sales report to export a list of all items that have had sales, and then a separate export of ALL items.  Then, use some Excel magic to do a diff between the two to get the items without sales.

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Moose, you ever find out the excel formula to cross reference the no sales of an item?

Message 6 of 9

Export sales history to one tab, inventory to another, and use VLOOKUP to compare. That will output a list of inventory with no sales history. 

It's a cumbersome substitute for a pretty basic report, but at least it'll get you the info right now. 

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

In my situation, the majority of the items have been created with multiple variations. This added a little bit more complexity to providing the desired result. There's a big distinction between an item that has had no sales in any variations vs. the XXL in a not so flattering color that has yet to sell.

To identify each variation that hasn't sold, the export of the sales history and inventory into separate tabs and using VLOOKUP joining on the SKU column provided the desired output. Reports at the this level do come in handy when analyzing sales to determine if there are certain variations that are just not worth carrying any more.

To identify items that have not had a sale across all variations, I export sales history and inventory into separate tabs and then created a pivot table for each based on just the Item Name with a Sum of the Inventory or the Sum of the Sales. Then when using VLOOKUP based on the Item Name, I can easily find the items with inventory that have had no sales across all variations.

This distinction really should be taken into consideration if a new feature request is going to provide additional reporting capabilities.

Hope this helps!

Patti
Owner
TwinkleToes Dance Store
Message 8 of 9

I agree this would be a very vital feature

Message 9 of 9