x
Square Community Moderator

Now Recruiting for Inventory: Sell-by Multiple Unit Type

We will be launching a new way to manage inventory through Square Dashboard and POS. Previously, we only offered basic inventory management needs for finished goods. This new feature will allow you to track inventory for items sold in different units of measure (i.e., wine by the bottle or glass). We are happy to offer this new feature that fills a large need for our sellers. 

If you’d like to join this beta, please reply to this post with “I’m in” and we will enable you and send you a Getting Started email once the beta starts. 

To share feedback, please make sure you are a member of our Beta Community, a private community where you can provide input, get support on the latest features, report bugs, and submit product requests.

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Beta Member

Is this including bundle items?

Message 2 of 12

Hey @SamuelDesgagne1 

In general, yes, you will be able to sell items in bundles or easily sell individual items from a bundle and your inventory will reflect without any additional work on your end.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

Michelle (she/her)
Join the Beta Community
Message 3 of 12
Beta Member

Allright i'm in! Can you had me?

Message 4 of 12

Of course! I've added your name to our list and I will DM you when we're ready to enable your account! Just a heads up, our beta launch date has been pushed back to mid-March, so keep an eye out on your inbox around then.

Michelle (she/her)
Join the Beta Community
Message 5 of 12
Beta Member

Hi Michelle, I can't see any way of selling in bundle some items so it goes out of the inventory as it should. Like bundle box, thematic box with multiple item. It's only like full bottle of wine or glass. Or a complete pie or a piece.

Is it what I understand?

Thanks

Message 6 of 12

Hey @SamuelDesgagne1 I followed up with the product team on this, turns out this particular feature (the "creating bundles with different items) isn't going to be out for a while. We're just in phase 1 of the sell by multiple unit types feature, and they indicated that bundle items is part of phase 4. I apologize that this wasn't communicated clearly, and I'm definitely going to see if we can bump up the priority of this with the product team.

Michelle (she/her)
Join the Beta Community
Message 7 of 12
Super Seller

I’m in! 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 12

@SammyGrace2414 thank you for joining us in testing!

@SamuelDesgagne1 I have some news for both of you - unfortunately this beta has been pushed back due to a few issues discovered during internal testing. We wouldn't want you to have a subpar experience with this feature, so we're holding off on enabling your accounts until the Product team is ready for both of you to join us in beta testing.

Apologies for the delay, but I will be in touch via DM when we're ready to enable your accounts for testing! Have a great day.

Michelle (she/her)
Join the Beta Community
Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

Thanks for the update! I sell almost all my products in bundles so I'm SO in when it's time! 🙂 

Sammy Grace

Please Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Hi @MichelleSQ , any update?

Message 11 of 12

Hi @SamuelDesgagne1, I am so sorry for dropping the ball on this one. I just took a look at the project tracker, and our Beta Manager has already enabled your account almost 2 weeks ago and sent you the set up/next steps email. You should be able to set this up on your Dashboard. 

See the setup instructions here if you need them. Again, sincere apologies I didn't DM you when your account got enabled, it slipped my mind 😅

DM me if you have any questions or feedback to share!

Michelle (she/her)
Join the Beta Community
Message 12 of 12