x

On demand delivery - scheduling later delivery

Can I use the On Demand Delivery through Door Dash for a future delivery?

I operate on pre sales frequently. Customers order our products ahead of time, we prepare, and have orders ready for pick up a few weeks later. 

We want to offer delivery for specific dates. I don't want delivery at time of purchase. 

Otherwise, could I set up a delivery for an existing order and add the delivery to their existing order? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LauriesCookies  - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community๐Ÿ‘‹

I was able to find some details on this in an article from our Support Center: "On-Demand Delivery couriers must be scheduled at the point of checkout, which requires an accurate estimate of courier pickup and dropoff times."

However, you do have the option to allow your customers to schedule a delivery for a future date. You can toggle on this option from your Order Timing Settings to allow customers to schedule their delivery orders up to the number of days you enter (between 7 and 30 days in the future). If toggled off, customers will be scheduled automatically.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2