x
Beta Member

Option to disable low stock notifications at Checkout

My inventory is out of whack. This is partly because I was bad at keeping it up to date before I started using Retail, and partly because Retail STILL doesn't allow me to enter decimal quantities on my purchase orders (it would be wonderful if this would be aligned soon).

What is annoying is any time I'm adding an item to a basket at in-person check-out, I am informed stock is low and asked if I want to add it anyway?

Even if stock was low, but not zero, why would I ever NOT want to sell an item to a customer at the point of sale? Who cares if stock is low if I have it in front of me and can take money for it?

In my opinion this message is pointless, but if someone is using the app to enter a sale without the product in their hands, perhaps it's okay for them. But I want to be able to switch it off. It's wasting my time at checkout.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @the-refill-lady, thank you for your post! I can definitely see the benefit in your suggestion. 

I'm just having a look on my end here to see if there is any workaround or work being done regarding this message. Just to help me look into this, can you let me know if you currently have a low stock alert setup for the item? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hi Tra, No I don't. Some of the items in my inventory are showing negative quantities because I missed updating stock levels when I had new deliveries before I was using the PO system. Hopefully that will clear up after my next stock take, but that is time consuming and won't happen anytime soon. It is the negative stock value that is causing the alert. 

I know it would be great if things were neat and tidy and my inventory was accurate, but it's just not how it works in reality, I'm afraid!

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Thanks for clarifying, @the-refill-lady! At the moment, that's an expected behaviour for negative stock. From checking this on my end, the warning won't show up until the stock is in the negative, even with the low stock alert turn off. I'll definitely surface this as a feature request to our Retail team for consideration so they can look to add more intuitive feature for stock management in the feature. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

@the-refill-lady could it be related to the option in Online / Settings / Item settings     Low inventory indicator being set to On ( if it is). Just a thought.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 5 of 5