x
Beta Member

Plastic Gift Card

Hi fellows, 

I have a feedback that I want to share with you, cuz I have being sharing it with Square's customer service team few times, but it hasn't been addressed. 

We have the availability of selling  plastic gift cards that are rechargeable and reusable, so it helps our businesses, the customers, and the environment. Thank you Square for that.

In the other hand, these plastic cards can be recharged on the POS system only, but not online. It is very convenient for customers and us to have the option of charging the plastic cards online right when they go to check it's balance. This option is currently available for eGift cards only.

Regulars always ask us about this function, but again, it is out of our control. Please help to call the attention to this option here on the thread or calling customers services. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 

Raul...

Gift card.png

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @mimamarket!

Thanks for providing this insight.

Physical Square Gift cards of all kind can be used for online purchases if they are of the shipping fulfilment. However - you're correct, they cannot be used for pickup or delivery orders at this time. Our Engineers are working quickly to launch a feature that will allow you to accept physical Gift Cards as a payment form for those types of orders in the future. 

Are your customers unable to check the balance of their physical Gift Cards? What error message do they get? 

Let me know, as this is all great feedback that I can pass along to our Product Teams. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks @isabelle I am still connecting with your team to see when this feature is going to be possible. I am addressing the request of some of my customers that are very involved with small business. 

Making plastic cards rechargeable online is a win not only for Square, but also for small business and our most loyal customers.

When parents send kids to our small shops for ice cream, for example, it is a non safety step nor politically correct to send then with a credit card or debit card, even cash can be an issue, they also can lost any of those, but they could easily recharge their cards for kids to use on their way back home from school to buy what they like from their favorite shop. Also for customers that want to support more and more, adding money to their cards to buy, no necessarily in-store, what they need to buy from us. 

Now plastic gift cards are rechargeable from the POS, but not everyone can visit the shop, because of the distance, because they are busy, or because they can walk like some of us. Let's do this possible to support even more our businesses, and our community. Why not?

Sincerely,

Raul...

Message 3 of 3