x

Print Barcodes from POS??

Hello, we've recently signed up with Square for Retail for another store we own.  We were told we could print barcodes using the compatible printer directly from the POS.  Now we are being told we can only print from a computer, laptop or tablet.  Does anyone have experience with this?  We don't want the added cost of purchasing a computer to print labels if there is a way to do it directly from the POS...Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi there @IceandCream - I can help clear out some clouds here! 🌥

There is some truth here: labels are intended to be generated through your Square Dashboard, and not using the Square Point of Sale app. That being said, you can access your Square Dashboard using a smartphone, if you have one. As long as you have a compatible printer that can connect to your mobile device, you can log into your Square Dashboard using your phone via a web browser.

Once logged in there, you'll want to view the Desktop version of the page. Following these steps, after you have connected to your device to a printer, you should be able to print barcodes this way.

I hope this helped!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

We have a high volume retail store and it’s just not practical to have a separate PC and login for every sales associate JUST to print barcodes especially during receiving.  It should be added to the PO receiving screen and/or manually accessible through the action menu.  It’s just not a sufficient solution to disrupt the workflow, it takes way too much time.    95% of the time we print barcodes as part of receiving, so it should be an efficient part of that workflow.  This is such an important add for inventory control, please make barcode printing possible with Zebra or Dymo printers directly from the Retail POS.  

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

I have my Square POS in my main checkout area and have a separate computer that is not connected to the internet just for printing out my barcode labels for my production and receiving items that do not have barcodes.  I would rather have a computer that is not password protected and can print my barcode labels without interrupting customers because my receivers need to print barcode labels.   I also print them out when I know the truck is being delivered from my purchase order numbers, this is to check quantities received against what was ordered.  This is what I do when I use the free version of Square for Retail.

Now if you upgrade to Square for Retail Plus (paid subscription) you can print barcode labels directly from Square for Retail Plus.  Here is a link on how to do it and what is compatible :

create and print barcode labels with square for retail 

Hope this helps

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 5

I agree. It would be soooo nice to be able to add new items using the app and just hit print labels from that. I have to go back and forth because adding items is quicker on the app but then have to go back and do several things on line to fish the process. 

Message 5 of 5