x

Printing labels

Is there a way to change the font on the labels?  The size printed on label needs to be much bigger - and perhaps on the same line as the price but to the far right.

Is this something that could be done?   The print is too small to read on the label and if your eyesight is not 100% forget trying to read the size from the label.

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Shirley4 and welcome to the Seller Community! We don't have a way to customize your barcode labels at this time. The best thing you can do is try a different label size to see if that format better fits the font you need. I have the help article for managing barcode labels attached in this post so you can see more clearly which label sizes we offer.

If you're playing around with the labels, you can choose what is printed on them. While removing things from your label won't necessarily make the font larger, it may make it easier to read what it has. 

I also see the need for making this more customizable and will pass the feedback along. Please let me know if you have any other questions as well. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hi @Shirley4 and welcome to the Seller Community! We don't have a way to customize your barcode labels at this time. The best thing you can do is try a different label size to see if that format better fits the font you need. I have the help article for managing barcode labels attached in this post so you can see more clearly which label sizes we offer.

If you're playing around with the labels, you can choose what is printed on them. While removing things from your label won't necessarily make the font larger, it may make it easier to read what it has. 

I also see the need for making this more customizable and will pass the feedback along. Please let me know if you have any other questions as well. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 2 of 10

Thank you, I do appreciate you passing this on to see if can make customizable.

I will look at the attached article as well.

Shirley

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

Hello I agree the barcode labels need to customize especially for retail and square needs to have more label type sizes for a zebra printer. 

Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

Hello please pass it on that labels need to be customized and we need more label options for zebra printer in Canada right now the only option is one label and it is really small for retail 

Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

Hello any update on customize labels and having larger fonts for the Price

Message 6 of 10

Hi @Ambiance1 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community

The answer given by @ASHLEYK in this thread is still accurate and up to date at this time. Please see their post for more information.

Violet
Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Hello I requested them to look at customizing the labels as well because for retail the current labels really don't work. I requested this over 6 months ago and still no update.

Message 8 of 10

Thanks for reaching out, @Ambiance1 👋

Please check out AshleyK's best answer here for tips on making the labels easier to read. 

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

could the labels be downloaded as a .csv file rather than PDF? That would solve that problem, because then you could import the file into the DYMO app and format them any way you like.

Message 10 of 10