x

Problem with periperals disconnecting over night

We are having trouble with our peripherals disconnecting from our iPad and stand over night. We have a Symbol 2208 scanner, a USB printer and USB Printer-driven cash drawer. It will be working fine in the evening, we log out of the Square app and in the morning when we log back in the app does not connect to the peripherals. If we force close the the Square app, then log back in, the app usually connects to the peripherals. Is there a procedure we should be following for shutdown and startup? Or is there a setting we have wrong? Below is a procedure we used recently starting up for the day to work around the problem.

1. turned on the printer
  2. logged into Square
  3. checked settings and the printer and scanner were not connected
  4. you double-clicked the home button and found the apps open and swiped up to close them. 
  5. you went back into Square app and everything connected. 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello 👋 @PHS_Treasurer.

I'm happy to run this by our Hardware team although it seems like you are doing everything right. Here is a community post where another seller asked a similar question, @EJ_  provides the best reply and suggested some troubleshooting steps. 

I may not get a reply back from our Hardware Team today as it is the weekend but I will make sure to circle back as soon as I hear from them.

Thank you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 2