x
Beta Member

Real time Changes. Has anyone noticed that new buttons appear all the time?

Before, the Orders button was only for online.  However now, the orders button is available right at the POS for in-person.  I was so excited and still am. This "create order" option allows me to keep better track of orders for each particular customer.  I had been using paper and pencil, and that has been problematic with losing papers and other issues.

However, using this button is kind of scary.

First, when you place an order, there is no way to tell which item the order was placed for.  Second, there is no way to delete the order if it is canceled or not going to be fulfilled. Third, as soon as you hit the next step button "mark in progress" etc., there is no way to undo that action. Finally, because placing the order using this button requires the customer's email, I have no idea whether an email is sent to the customer based on each "next step" I progress the order through.  This is frustrating because first, I did not approve an email style to go to the customer, or what it would say, secondly, I did not mean to press that button on one of the orders, I was actually looking for a "cancel this order" option.

What I would like is for this button to integrate into the Purchase Orders.  This would be amazing.

Does anyone have a working knowledge of this feature that could help to use it better?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

This change or question has not been addressed or answered.

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hello @melonstcbs,

Thank you for your insightful post, and great to see you posting in the Seller Community again! 😊 I wanted to apologize for not seeing any replies related to your post. 

Currently the ability to integrate the order button with purchase orders is not a function with our POS. We can pass along your feedback to the product team however😊

With regards to orders, I just wanted to ask some clarifying questions before I proceed with some information. Are you referring to orders you place on behalf of your customers in-store?

Also, do you use the Restaurants app or the regular point of sale app? 

I look forward to reading your reply. 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3