x
Beta Member

Reduce notification times in Square for Retail app

When entering items at Checkout in the Retail app, after adding an item to the basket a message appears along the lines of 'Item Name - Qty Added to Basket'.

Why does this message have to linger there for so LONG?

It is seriously slowing me down when trying to serve my customers. It would be more helpful if the app automatically reverted to Basket view so I can see the item there but am able to immediately use the Search function to enter my next item without having to stand around waiting for that message to clear. Or make it so that as soon as a touch to the screen is detected the message disappears and I can carry on entering items.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @the-refill-lady, thank you for reaching out! Would you mind trying something for me - if you tap into the message on the black screen itself, it should disappear immediately.

Image from iOS (52).jpg

However, I do see that having a feature where it will disappear regardless of where you touch on the screen will be helpful, so I'll be sure to share you feedback with the Retail team. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi Tra,

That does make the message disappear. It's not intuitive that it would work that way. After I've added an item to the basket I want to search for the next one. I think it would be more user-friendly and more intuitive to clear the message no matter where the screen has been touched. In the meantime, thank you for alerting me to this - it will save me some time tomorrow!

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thank you for surfacing this, I really appreciate your feedback @the-refill-lady

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4