x

Refunds Interac

Hello - we've had issues for several months with refunding customers who purchased with interac debit cards.  We do not have the option to refund a specific item, only an amount - jumps directly to that screen.   We've been doing it that way to make it right for the customer (calculating the amount owing plus tax and refunding the total), but we then have to manually adjust inventory and the taxes in our reports are no longer correct.

Contacted help line, and was basically told it's our issue, all fine on their end.  It's happening on all our devices now, and several updates have not fixed it....

To be clear - I am NOT talking about the transaction fees, which I know are no longer refunded. 

I am talking about the tax on item ABC being returned.  It's still showing as $ received by us, since the item was never properly returned, just a dollar amount coming out of the total, with a manual adjustment to put the item back into inventory count.

Anyone else have this issue? Workaround? Fix?  Cash or Credit purchases still let us choose itemized returns.

thanks

Sam

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Same. I've had to just put it on a giftcard. And split payments, what a nightmare! Let me know if you end up working this out. But, you're not alone. And I've called and they just say 'it's an issue in Canada.' Ok? So, are we fixing this or...? 

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @AlmaguinPetSup 👋

Is this issue still persisting? I have been informed by engineers that this issue has been resolved with some software updates, and you should be able to refund interac debit payments.

Let me know!  

Message 3 of 5

Knock on wood - it seems to have been working now after several software updates.  Fingers crossed!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi, @Meekomac

Glad to hear this is working for you now! 

Message 5 of 5