x

Register - Adding Discounts

I'm looking for a way to ring items up without charging for it. For example, if the owner wants to get a drink she obviously doesnt pay for it but we would still like to ring it up so it can come out of our inventory count. Am i even making sense? Help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

That's a good question!

The only way I can see to do it is to create a 100% discount and then charge it as cash.

I only have the Register app on iPhone, not on iPad so I'm not sure how they differ. On the iPhone I can create a sale and then apply a 100% discount that I made from the Square Dashboard. The owner can have her own code so no one else is removing stuff (?).

Let's hope an Admin can chime in to confirm that this will remove an item from inventory without creating any glitches.

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

That is a good question, @Mcarthurfarms!

I would do exactly what @HeyItsMuff describes. I'd create a discount in your Dashboard (maybe call it Owner) and then apply it when the owner gets thirsty and takes the drink. Then the item is tracked in inventory but it doesn't mess up your balance sheet.

This article has the lowdown on how to create and manage discounts, no matter what device you're using: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3955-create-and-manage-discounts

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

I created the same discount 🙂  but I intend to use mine for when I give my art as a donation, but I still want to keep track of what organization has it, and what edition number and size

Message 4 of 4