x

Removing item descriptions from receipt

To start, we use Big Commerce for our website, but also sell in store with Square for Retail. We build build our products and track inventory in Big Commerce then push our products from Big Commerce into Square. Although our settings for 'show item description' are turned OFF, every receipt has the 'coded' version of the descriptions that come through from Big Commerce.  Without manually deleting every description manually, is there another way to remove them? Every time we push new products, the descriptions reappear.  Please help?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

@ljatx I'm really sorry to hear the frustration regarding your receipts. Have you tried to contact Big Commerce to see if they have any solutions? In almost all cases the solution lies with them as we are only there to accept the payments.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Did you figure this out @ljatx ?  I'm having the same issue.  It seems that it had the proper descriptions in the past & now it has the coded version.  I think it might have to do with the new Square Integration App.

Thanks,

Michael

Message 3 of 4

Same happened with us so we just removed the product descriptions from Square all together.  It wasn't fun -- we had to delete the descriptions for each product individually.  Just know that if you do the same, when/if you add new products to BC in the future (which requires the push to Square), the product descriptions will show up in Square again.  

Message 4 of 4