x
Beta Member

Retail POS / App Based Inventory Transfers & Management

As a community, I have seen that multiple sellers/subscribers (myself included) are interested in seeing feature changes to the way inventory transfers & auditing are done. Currently the only way to initiate/facilitate transfers is via the web platform and is incredibly obnoxious to use with a scanner of any type without manually reprogramming the scanner to not auto-enter after the scan. Additionally, inventory management and reporting should be made more easily accessed/filtered & exported. Change reports/loss reports etc are VITAL to a retail environment. 

In summary:

Transfer inventory from one location to another utilizing Square Retail POS & Mobile Retail Apps. 

- This can be done by "Invoicing" another one of your locations for products and marking them as transferred. Invoices already have the option to adjust inventory - allow us to invoice our own locations or build a transfer into the apps etc. 

- fix the online experience to allow scanners to work better with the system. 

Inventory/Adjustment History

- Like inventory transfers, any counts/recounts should be documented as a single event that can be pulled after the count is completed as a bulk list of items counted. 

- Loss/Shrink can only be tracked with viewing a "change log" for variants. The current system only allows you to filter counts and recounts but not any further nor does it allow an export of anything. 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @austihag, This is definitely a popular feature request within our Square Seller Community. We are happy to make this visible to our Product team. 

Thanks for your post. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

@sayra - Can we bubble this issue up with the other issue mentioned in https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Retail-Group/Grouped-Item-Sales/td-p/287270

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @austihag, This is definitely a popular feature request within our Square Seller Community. We are happy to make this visible to our Product team. 

Thanks for your post. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3