x

Square Online & Square for Retail: Exchanges?

Hi, I am trying to integrate the Square POS with Weebly. I have a couple of questions. 

1. Can I return, refund or exchange an item that is sold online? 
  2. If an item sold online and the customer comes to the physical location, Can I return, refund, or exchange the item in the store?
  3. Do the online gift cards work in the store during in-person sales? If yes, how? 
  4. If there is an amount left in the gift card and not enough to purchase anything, can I refund the remaining amount during in-person and online sales?
  5. If there is an amount left in the gift card and it is not enough to purchase anything, and the person would like to pay the rest, how can I proceed both during in-person sales and online sales?
  6. Can Weebly be integrated with Shipstation?
  7. Can Weebly be integrated with Taxjar?
  8. There will be some items that I would like to sell only in the store (in the actual physical location), and some I would like to sell only online. Is there a way to do that? 
  9. As a retail store, is it possible to offer local delivery with Doordash and Postmate? If yes, how? Do I need to contact anyone? How is the actual process? Without contacting, somebody from those platforms shows up in the store and collect the delivery? 
Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

@isabelle I received an email from the Retail support team. They told me that it is possible.  "if an order is placed online, they will be able to come into the store to exchange it. It will work like a typical exchange."  Yay. 

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @KolonyaCarre!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Just to be clear here, you are a Weebly site user who would now like to use Square as your payment processor? Or are you looking to transfer your business to Square, which offers an Online Store powered by Weebly? 

If so, I'll do my best to answer the following. Please keep in mind that this is the Seller Community for Square, so I will be answering most questions based on my Square Online knowledge, as I do not have Weebly product specific knowledge:

1. If you use Square Online, which is now powered by Weebly, you will be able to process refunds/returns. Exchanges is a feature that only comes with Square for Retail.
  2. You would only be able to do this if you use both Square Online and Square POS. This is different from using Weebly. I know it's confusing since we acquired Weebly as a company, but there is a difference. By using a Square Online site and Square POS, all the transactions are synced, so you can pull up the transaction in person and process the return or refund.  
  3. Here is an article with instructions on how to redeem egift cards in-store. 
  4. Hmmm. Not sure about this question. In that scenario, in person, you would just split the payment by using the gift card and whatever way they want to pay for the rest of the amount due. 
  5. Here's what you need to know about splitting tender. 
  6. This is what I've found on using Square Online and ShipStation. I cannot speak for Weebly though. You'll want to go ahead to the Weebly Community for any Weebly specific questions. 
  7. Again, that's a Weebly Community question.
  8. With Square Online you can designate certain items for online and some for in-store. You'll be able to view your item library and determine which items you want available on which platform (POS or Online). 
  9. This is tricky, I've answered your questions based on my knowledge about Square Online which is powered by Weebly, but not the same as building your entire online site with Weebly. Square Online does integrate with Postmates and Doordash. You can learn more about that process here

💡💡💡💡

Let me know if you have any questions! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

Thank you very much. It is much clear right now. I am understanding that the Square Online is not the same thing as the Weebly although it is powered by Weebly. If I click online on my Square Dashboard, it will take me to Square Online not the weebly. Am I right? 

I can exchange an item that is sold online (Square Online) if that person comes to the store. Am I right?

Can the Square Online be integrated with the Shipstation?

Can the Square Online be integrated with Taxjar?

More importantly, I bought my website's domain name through Squarespace. Now I would like to use the same domain name. However, I would like to rebuild the website through Square Online. How can I carry the domain name?

Thank you

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @KolonyaCarre!

Correct. If you go to your Square Dashboard > Online, that will be the Square Online Store, not the Weebly site.

Exchanges is a feature that only comes with Square for Retail, however, they will be able to come to your store, you can locate the transaction, and refund it. 

Here is a thread regarding Square Online and Ship Station. 

Yes, we do integrate with TaxJar. More information in this Support Article

Yes, you can totally transfer your domain! Take a look here for instructions on how-to. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 10

Thanks a lot. Hopefully this will be my last question. 

If a person buys online, refund is possible both online and in the store.

If a person buys online and comes to the store for exchange, it is not possible.

Square Register allows me to exchange an item that is sold in-person. If I go the transactions tab, find the item, click refund and add the new item, the dashboard automatically calculates the difference (if there is any). If the new item is more expensive than the one to be exchanged, the customer pays the difference. If the new item is cheaper, than I am able to refund the difference. However, this is not possible, had the person bought something online and came to the store. Am I correct?

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Yes, you'll see all transactions within the app or Square Dashboard > Transactions. From there, you can issue a refund.

No, you will not be able to do an exchange unless you subscribe to Square for Retail and use the Square for Retail app. This would only apply to in-person sales to begin with.

Hmmm. I would need to know a bit more about what you use. Do you subscribe to Square for Retail already @KolonyaCarre

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 6 of 10

Hi again,

I am subscribed to the Square for Retail ( Or I believe that I did 🙂 and I am using the Square Register in the store.

For example. a person buys body lotion which is $16.90 online (through Square Online) but decides that s/he wants a shampoo which is $32.90. S/he comes to the store for an exchange. Because s/he bought the body lotion online, I would not be able to exchange it with Square Register. 

I hope I understand it. 

Thanks 

Message 7 of 10
Admin

If the item was purchased in-store, then you can process an exchange.

If the item was purchased online, and they want to exchange the item in-store, you would have to refund the transaction and then process a new sale. It's my understanding that the exchange functionality is not intended to work for online transactions. However, I did not get a chance to test today @KolonyaCarre.

Best of luck with everything and let me know if anything else comes up! 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 8 of 10

Best Answer

@isabelle I received an email from the Retail support team. They told me that it is possible.  "if an order is placed online, they will be able to come into the store to exchange it. It will work like a typical exchange."  Yay. 

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. I've edited the title of the post to make it a bit easier for community members to locate @KolonyaCarre.

Thank you for your time and effort on this 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 10 of 10