x
Beta Member

Square for Retail: Search Options

I would like to see a configuration setting that I can control to decide if I want the Search field to search Item name or Item name AND Variant. I spent more than a year finding a rhythm with POS of searching for Item name and now suddenly I have a LOT more items coming up because variants containing the same text are coming up. So there's a longer list and you keep the stupid keyboard up which hides half the items so then I have to remove the keyboard to try to find the item I want. Supremely annoying. Please consider changing this to make the app more usable.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @the-refill-lady, thank you for your feedback! I will be sure to flag this with our Retail team so they can look into adding more filter for the search bar. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi Tra, I have an alternative suggestion having lived with the way the search works. Could the team adjust the sorting?

At the moment if I search 'Rais' items with a variant containing 'rais' are appearing before items whose names contain 'rais'.

I want to search for 'raisins' but I also stock Flour, with one variant called 'self-raising'. In this instance, the Flour appears in the results list above raisins.

I would prefer to see item names prioritised over variant names. If you want to list variants, fine, but prioritise results where the Item name contains the search string above the variant.

Message 3 of 3