x
Beta Member

Square for retail on android

Is there any news on when when square for retail will be available for android? It would be great to to be able to move all devices to retail. 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Alexlaawson,

Thanks for reaching out!

No news at the moment I'm afraid - I'd love to see us do this in the future to make Retail more accessible to more sellers, but I don't have an ETA unfortunately! If I do hear of any changes I'll update this thread and ping anyone who's posted here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Alexlaawson,

Thanks for reaching out!

No news at the moment I'm afraid - I'd love to see us do this in the future to make Retail more accessible to more sellers, but I don't have an ETA unfortunately! If I do hear of any changes I'll update this thread and ping anyone who's posted here!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

It is sad to see it has been nearly a year and still no Square for Retail on Android. It is getting so annoying getting pop ups on the Square Dashboard for a **bleep** app I apparently will never be able to use.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Will there ever be Square for Retail on Android? If not I'm going to have to find a new solution after 2 years of loving Square card reader and the dashboard. I can't support a company that doesn't support me to it's fullest.

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

Due to a lack of support for Androids in over 2 years. I'll be leaving this B.S. I mean how can you refuse to do the same stuff you do for apple (horrible company will never own anything from them) but not Android? been over 2 years and no retail app. You only do the minimum need for those using Android.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MattDamo26,

Thanks for writing in and sharing your honest feedback with us here. I understand how frustrating it would be to get pop up notifications for a product you can't use yet. While we don't have an update on Square for Retail for Android yet, we will tag you in this thread to let you know of any updates on this front. 

Message 6 of 6