x

Unable to connect Square for Retail App to Square Terminal

I’ve successfully scanned items to add them to checkout using Retail App.

Now I want to send the charge to Square Terminal device instead of contactless chip device so that I can print a receipt.

is it possible? Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @DINWD,

I see this is your first post.  Welcome to The Seller Community 👋. At this moment Square for Retail application does not support the ability to send charges to the Square Terminal. That feature is only available using the Standard Point of Sale Application. Below I have provided steps on how to accomplish that.

To connect Square Terminal to Square Point of Sale:

1. From the Square POS app on your iOS or Android device, tap Menu > ​Settings ​> ​Hardware > Square Terminal.

2. Select ​Connect Square Terminal.

3. Enter a nickname and location to associate with your Terminal, then ​tap Continue.

4. Tap Sign in.

5. The Square POS app will generate a device code. Enter this code on your Square Terminal to complete pairing. Then, tap ​Sign In​.

6. You’ll receive a confirmation in-app once you've successfully connected your Square Terminal to your device — Square Terminal will display “Powered by Square”.

7. Tap Done to start accepting payments.

If you need anything please let me know. I am happy to help! 

Message 2 of 3

Hi there, 

Square POS App connects Square Terminal but does not have a camera scan barcode option.

Square Retail App connects to Contactless Chip Reader but does have a camera scan barcode option.

What I want to see is want to scan a product using a barcode which will add items to checkout automatically then I want to use Square Terminal to charge. 

Thanks a bunch

Message 3 of 3