x

Using Square for Consignment Sales

I'd like to be able to track sales by vendor for a consignment shop.  Has anyone used Square to do this?  Maybe create a category which is a specific vendor?  

Any suggestions on how anyone has done it will be a big help.

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 126
1 Best Answer

Best Answer
Hi VBBGallery, I own a consignment shop and use square...though I use a consignment software that tracks what purchases sell for each vendor and use square as my POS service. You could make each vendor a category listing on square but I think you'll find it becomes hard to track each item and very labor intensive...hence I would search out consignment software to help with the inventory aspect

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 126
125 REPLIES 125
Alumni

Hi @VBBGalleryGreat question. I know there are several consignment shops who use Square. I'll try to get in touch with someone to see if they can share their experience with you. Thanks so much for posting!

Message 2 of 126

Have u figured it out? I have a consignment shop and I'm looking for an accounting and consignment software together

Message 3 of 126

Best Answer
Hi VBBGallery, I own a consignment shop and use square...though I use a consignment software that tracks what purchases sell for each vendor and use square as my POS service. You could make each vendor a category listing on square but I think you'll find it becomes hard to track each item and very labor intensive...hence I would search out consignment software to help with the inventory aspect
Message 4 of 126

Hi, thanks, I was thinking that I could just use the category field for vendor.  What consignment s/w did you end up using?

Gary

Message 5 of 126

@Kimberlyh - Hello,

Would you mind sharing what type of consignment software you use in conjunction with Square?  I like Square up and don't want to change, but also need a good software that will help with a customer database, let consignor's see their account status, keep inventory, track sales, run reports, etc.  Is there such a software out there that will work with Square Up without having to manually program everything into the system?

Message 6 of 126

Hello,  I ALSO have the same question.  I love square,  and I need a consignment software as well.  Which software is best to use with square? Thanks so much for any leads!

Message 7 of 126

NextGenResale's app for women's and children's consignment and resale shops handles the inventtory pricing and buying and seller/consignor management.  It exports this information to Square for tag printing, sales and inventory management.

Message 8 of 126

I have the same question and I also need an accounting/consignment software in one

Message 9 of 126

Rose is a cloud based sytem and it communicates with square.

Message 10 of 126

@Kimberlyh, Could you please tell me what Consignment Software you use?

Message 11 of 126

Best Consignment Shop Software allows any credit-card processor to be used, including Square. The initial cost is way under most programs and there are no annual support fees. A free demo is available from the website.

Message 12 of 126

What type of software do you use for your consignment? I have been searching several over the past few months. Do you have clothing, furniture, or other items that are on consignment? Thanks for the information. 

Message 13 of 126

Best Consignment Shop Software is a one-time payment for lifetime use with no ongoing fees.

Message 14 of 126

I own an art gallery and sell many items on consignment. I enter the artists last name at the beginning of the product description. Then run a item sales report at the end of the month and sort it alphabetically by the item category. Each artist/vendorʻs items are grouped together.

Message 15 of 126

Hi.  What Consignment Software do you use for Square?  Going to be needing one in August.  Thank you, Bonnie

Message 16 of 126
Beta Member

@fifthavenuefind, we have an integrated consignment solution with Square that allows you to track inventory and consignment sales while still using your Square account. Check out our website:  https://www.consignorconnect.com

Thanks,

Mike

Message 17 of 126

We have a small % of our sales that are vendor/consignment.  In our case, we do categories:

Consigned Item:
Under this category each consignor gets their own item
Within each item, individual items are listed as variables with their own SKUs.  
Then I use reports for payout tracking (not ideal, but works for our needs currently)

Vendors Get their own category (and SKUs within)

There is also Rose for Consignment, which pairs with Square.  

Square admins:  it would be AMAZING if we could print the same level of report from the Report: Category view as we can from Report: Item 😉  Like super fantastic!  The report from Report: Category looks only at gross sale, not net.

Message 18 of 126

Have you come up with a solution for consignment sales

Message 19 of 126
Super Seller Alumni

I have a small retail business that does carry a small amount of consignment inventory. I have them in two different ways. The first is by category "Consignments" with items grouped by consignee's business name and multiple lines for items under that. The second way is using the company name of the consignee as the category. Each has its benefits. The first helps the volunteers at the shop realize which items are consignment, which coupons or discounts are not allowed to be used on.
Message 20 of 126

Thanks for your info. 
Could you tell me how you manage the consignment transaction with your accounts please? 
I am considering selling some consignment items and 
payment will go through square. I am

trying to figure out how to deal with my accounts as it won’t be money for me. How do you account for it?

thanks so much

Message 21 of 126