x

Using spreadsheet to add to existing quantities

We are using Square for Retail and upload our spreadsheets to update inventory. We are wondering if there is a way to use the spreadsheet to add the existing quantity to the existing inventory - like an inventory received through the spreadsheet. 

I hope that makes sense. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey @JackieC I believe I am understanding where you are coming from, but something that would be more streamlined with your subscription would be to receive purchase orders as you update your inventory. With purchase orders you can duplicate an order and receive it in minutes, which is a really popular choice if you frequently receive the same items. 

You can also use the spreadsheet to update your inventory, just make sure to update all inventory numbers in the "New Quantity" and "New Unit Cost" columns only. When importing the new CSV file into your library, choose modify item library and your stock will update, but then you will need to check your inventory history report to make sure the stock all imported as "Stock received" so your COGS report is accurately reflected. If you update your inventory using purchase orders, you will not have to worry about this!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2