x

Why am I have so much trouble printing bar code labels?

We have been using plain Square for at least 3 years. We recently upgraded to Square for Retail for several reasons - one of them being the ability to print and scan bar codes.

We saw that the Avery 5160 label stock was listed. These are easily available, so we started printing out labels for our items. The labels are exactly 1 inch high, but, unfortunately, the pdfs generated by Square are all 15/16th apart! So they crawl up the sheet and the last three or four rows are printing on two labels and unusable! What is going on. This should be very standardized by now!

Dave Lea - Friends of Peninsula State Park, Fish Creek, WI

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

@Dooroenfriends I'm very sorry, that sounds really frustrating. I would start with checking your printer settings. You need make sure you've selected the correct label size, set to scale at 100% and disable any 'fit to print' settings. 

Please let me know if you've already confirmed these settings, and what browser (e.g. Chrome/Safari) you're using to sign into your Dashboard.  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

Printing barcodes from Square was very appealing to us at first. But after seeing how few templates were supported we opted out. A lot of barcodes we print are very small. Margins on a Dymo printer are drunk (at best) and usually require some custom tweaking in a graphics editor (especially if you're buying 3rd party generic brand labels). But if your prints are trailing off, it might be because you're using off-brand labels, which don't always have the best alignment or perhaps using the wrong template. 

Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Just saw this as I joined square a bit ago. I had the same issue then found out I had to change the printer settings to "Actual Size" not fit to page...works great!!!! Im sure you've solved it by now, but if not, here you go...

Message 4 of 4