x

Why is my cart showing up as "empty" on a mobile platform?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Store and iPhone??]

I noticed an issue about 2-3 weeks ago. Someone tried to order something from my store (I use the Square Weebly webstore) and after adding the item to their cart it said cart was empty. Well, it was my mom who isn't all that tech savvy so I chalked it up to that. Now, I'm getting this issue from multiple, more tech savvy individuals. If they access my store on a laptop or desktop it works great. If it's a mobile device, it says their cart is empty after adding items. We all know most people use their phones for mobile shopping. What's going on and how can I fix it??  

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Yes, although changing the address on our end to your domain does mean you need to upgrade the site. You don't need to go for one of the more expensive plans, though - all of the plans including the most affordable plan "Personal" will give that feature.

One other option you could do is forward the domain without masking. Where that differs from forwarding with masking is that it will simply forward your customers over to the subdomain address your site is currently using, rather than try to make it look like the site is loading from your domain. In other words, customers click a link or type your domain name, then the address bar updates to show the free subdomain automatically instead. You'll have no issues with how the site functions when using that kind of forwarding.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Beta Member

Can you please share your link, so I can test it and maybe give a recommendation?

Thanks!

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 2 of 13

It’s empdancewear.com/shop 

So far the issue only appears on iOS devices, and I believe it may have to do with updates as my personal device works and is up to date on updates. 

Message 3 of 13
Beta Member

Ok tested it on a few iOS devices (phones and an iPad) and you're right - I choose the options from the dropdowns and it doesn't add it to the cart. 

Sorry about that. Just wanted to test and confirm - and see if we noticed anything. It's hard to debug from a mobile site, but if I were to guess I would say it's a front-end scripting type of error like javascript, jquery, ajax, etc. 

Thanks, 

Thomas

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 4 of 13

Thanks @PreOrder_Apps . I’ll admit I’m a complete idiot when it comes to coding. I use the Weebly site because it coordinates with my in store inventory. I have a Wix website for my main sight and embed the weebly site into it for my store. Any chance you could provide insight on how to fix it or is it a Square/Weebly issue to fix? 

Thanks again! 

Message 5 of 13
Beta Member

Unfortunately we don't have any control or influence over that one, so yep, it's going to have to come from the Weebly Team or Solutions Team. 

Wish we could be of help more!

Message 6 of 13
Alumni

Hi @empdancewear,

Thanks for posting. For the customers that have reported this, have they all been using iPhones, or have they also been using android devices? Also, is this happening on a tablet as well and among different internet browsers?

Please let me know by replying in this thread. We will keep an eye out for a response. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 13

It appears to be anyone using an iOS device (iPhone or MacBook). Androids do not seem to be affected. Thanks for your help. 

Message 8 of 13
Alumni

Hi @empdancewear,

I went ahead and tested this on both a Macbook and iPhone using Safari and Chrome, and both items I added were still available for checkout in the cart. Are your customers still reporting this as an issue? 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 13

I am having this problem on my android phone also.  My site is ChristyShops.com

Message 10 of 13
Admin

Welcome to Seller Community and thanks for your question, @Christyshops.

You're seeing that because you are using forwarding-with-masking with your domain to load your website. Some features of a site won't work when you do this since this is basically loading your website within a frame on another website. If you want to use your domain with your online store and have everything work correctly, you'll want to point your domain to us and publish your website with it as the address of the site.

Adam
Message 11 of 13

So if I turn of masking, this will fix that???  I am just starting out and can't afford a premium account just yet!!!  Also I never had this problem before, it just starting happening and I have always had it forwarded with masking

Message 12 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Yes, although changing the address on our end to your domain does mean you need to upgrade the site. You don't need to go for one of the more expensive plans, though - all of the plans including the most affordable plan "Personal" will give that feature.

One other option you could do is forward the domain without masking. Where that differs from forwarding with masking is that it will simply forward your customers over to the subdomain address your site is currently using, rather than try to make it look like the site is loading from your domain. In other words, customers click a link or type your domain name, then the address bar updates to show the free subdomain automatically instead. You'll have no issues with how the site functions when using that kind of forwarding.

Adam
Message 13 of 13