x
Beta Member

Will Square Retail have an Items Grid?

Items Grid on Square Retail would be an excellent benefit for faster checkout. I currently utilize Square Point of Sale for my cafe and we love the Items Grid. It allows faster check out. I’m interested in Square Retail for its added benefits including additional reports such as Cost Of Goods sold category. Which unfortunately Square Point of sale does not offer. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Cheesecakelove! Welcome to the Community.

Item grid isn't available for Retail and I'm not sure if/when it will be but they do have a Favorites area for sellers to add top items if that helps.

Hopefully the item grid will be something we eventually bring to Retail too! I've passed your suggestion along to their team directly. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 15

Hi ,

Again point of sale has way better features than the retail side that I pay for?

I love the favorite grid and hate the retail column favorites it's kinda useless and I need it for many things?

Message 3 of 15

Where can I find instructions on how to create/add the quick tiles on the pos?  I currently only see Items, Customers, Discounts and Saved Carts.  I only have an option on the screen to Add Favorites, which only allows me to add items.  I'd like to add categories, not items.

Message 4 of 15
Alumni

Hey @Milemarker000 - Someone asked a similar question on this thread I moved you to.

Assuming your're using Square for Retail, currently Item Grids cannot be set up with the Retail App. Creating a favorites list is your only option and cannot be used to add categories. 

Good idea though. We're working to make functionality consistent across all devices to make for a better user experience - no matter the POS system you're using.  

Justin
Message 5 of 15

Thank you.

Message 6 of 15

Darn, I just signed up for the trial of retail.

I will not be able to extend/use pro retail and will need to go back to the free version, because not having a grid, is not an option.  You guys are insane not to offer a grid!  I'm really upset!

Message 7 of 15

Why cant we add a CATEGORY to favorites? That would be very helpful. There are many CATEGORIES I use frequently, but not necessarily 'items'. 

This is the reason I have not switched to Square for Retail. I gain the ability to exchange, but with thousands of items, setting a favorite 'item' isn't very helpful. 

Message 8 of 15

We wanted to switch our POS from Vend to Square For Retail. But lack of item grid feature is the biggest issue to stop us switching to Square Retail. I know Square POS has item grid feature but we want to use Square for Retail because we need exchange feature in retail daily transaction. Does anyone know this feature will come out on Square Retail anytime soon? 

Thank you.  

Message 9 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @snowy and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread for this question.

Check out the answers above.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 15

Ashley where is the thread located.. so I can follow it?

Message 11 of 15
Alumni

This is still considered a feature request, @billkearns.
You're in the right thread! We'll be sure to share an update here when we have one to share.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 12 of 15

New to Square, I just setup the square pos for my restaurant, is item grids available? If so how do I access this feature.

Message 13 of 15

oh goodie, its been YEARS and they still haven't either added a grid, or allowed for the addition of a CATEGORY to favorites. Annoying. 

Message 14 of 15
Super Seller

@JLK1704 ;

Are you using Square for Retail?  I have Square for Retail on an Ipad in the Square Stand and I have and can setup Favorites by Item or Category.

5328-item-variants-or-price-points 

Scroll down to near the bottom to :

"Set Up Your Item Grid on a Tablet"

Tells you how to setup a grid and Favorites.  I have mine setup for my popular categories if I need it.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 15 of 15