x
Beta Member

disappearing photos

Ever since the addition of the website and combo with Weebly my photos disappear randomly from both the Retail app and regular apps, the item list and now the featured items in the website. Either I have been lied to about the capacity my account can hold or there is a terribly big issue. I am believing I have been lied to since "support" had not helped one iota. I have tried out Shopify since being ignored by "support" because in an all online world, it looks terrible to not have photos. Their items don't disappear and their social media sites actually sell the items instead of just saying they do. Items randomly disappear so my sales reports are messed up since inventory is off and custom amounts don't mean didly to the tax man!! I think I like the free app since I wasn't paying for all of these headaches. Now that I am paying, I want my money back for all of the days and customers I have lost. At my hourly rate for having to re-enter photos and items I should get a bout a year of retail app cost back. I guess you all think I don't have anything else to do in running a small business but to sit and re-enter data repeatedly. I want to enlighten you I have more to do. This is my last plea. I have called and called and called but to no avail. Shopify is looking better and better.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Hey @TheMixingBowl-

Really sorry to hear about this experience. It appears that a ticket was filed with our Engineering Team to look into this issue. When I reached out, I got the following reply:

I need to know a specific item that has had an image removed from it more recently than 9/3 when I deployed the debugging tools to investigate this problem.

Is that something you could provide? Please let me know! We want to get this resolved. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 14

yep i have disappearing photos as well. The photos disappear on the Weebly website and my Square terminal. All of my photos follow the required 720 X 720 JPGE for listing on the Weebly online website/store.  The other problem is MY TAX RATE also disappears!! Which is a BIG DEAL WITH THE TAX MAN!!  WTF!!  We need some answers here and real quick!! 

Message 3 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Frenchitem - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community.

Would you mind providing details concerning your issues with your Tax Settings? What specifically is happening?

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 14

MY TAX RATE disappears as well as my photos.  When adding a new item or change photo of that item the tax rate disappears.  I have checked all of my items after one incident and then later discovered three more tax rates had disappeared from old items that I had previously "blued" the tax on button.   

Message 5 of 14
Admin

Stepping in for @Joe, @Frenchitem. Thanks for providing the extra information. Have you contacted our support team yet? This sounds like something that will need our support team to investigate and troubleshoot.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 6 of 14

My photos are missing after I save them too. I’m on an iPhone 12 Pro Max. Any idea as to when this will be fixed?

Message 7 of 14

If the photos are for your online catalog make pix 720x720. Pix in other locations have specific pix size all different. 

Message 8 of 14
Beta Member

Unfortunately, we have 2700 items and so making each picture a certain size is impossible. It seems to be a cloud storage issue because we have tried taking them from our photos and they still disappear.

Message 9 of 14

Hello @TheMixingBowl,

Thank you for following up. I understand updating 2700 items is a lot of work and we certainly don't want you to have to go through that. 

I do see Isabelle_ replied a while back in mentioning a ticket was filed, but we needed some additional information. Since this has been a while since her reply we suggest reaching out to Direct Support Online and filing a new ticket. You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000 squ.re/contactsqsupport

We appreciate you working with us to get this resolved! 

Message 10 of 14
Beta Member

Has anyone received a good answer to this issue from Square? I am seeing this same issue and they are blaming everything on my end from browser, internet speeds, operating system, etc... I don't understand how photos can be there for weeks and then disappear at random. Also seeing a issue with taxes disappearing at random as well on some items.

Message 11 of 14
Beta Member

So nearly 3 years after this post was originally made I cannot understand why this is still an issue. I'll add several new items, then verify that everything looks good on the my website only to find that the photos from a handful did not save. However, as frustrating as this problem is, the more infuriating part is that it will also happen to items that have been on my website for weeks, or even months. Just today I went to add a new item as a variation of an existing item, and I found that all the existing item photos I'd added at least 6 months ago were missing. They were fine last time I checked this listing, and now they are gone. This needs to stop happening. It is completely unprofessional to have this repeatedly happen on my website, plus I simply do not have the time to be re-uploading photos and doing regular checks of my inventory just to make sure that work I did months ago hasn't randomly disappeared.

Message 12 of 14

In the past week, we have begun having this issue, as well! This has never happened before and we've been with Square for 5 years. A few days ago, all photos from 4 random items on our website were completely gone. We updated them, all looked fine. This morning, another item's photos on the website were missing. This is RIDICULOUS! 

HELP??

Message 13 of 14

Hello, @TelltaleDress

We genuinely empathize with the frustration you must be feeling due to the recent challenges with missing photos on your website, especially after your five-year history with us. 

In order to address this promptly and effectively, we recommend reaching out to our Direct Support Online team to file a ticket. It appears that these issues are specific to your account rather than a widespread bug. Our dedicated engineers will need to closely examine the details of your account to pinpoint the root cause and provide a tailored solution.

You can connect with our support team at 1-855-700-6000 between 6am-6pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. or through the online contact form at squ.re/contactsqsupport. We understand the urgency of resolving this matter for you and are here to assist in any way we can.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 14 of 14