x

how to quote an order before customer pays?

hi all,

I have just moved form shopify to square so im just getting used to the functions of square/weebly. As there is no free shipping app to create proper shipping fees I have had to just create a set price for dollar value purchased. I used to use sendles integrated shipping charges but now i can't which is very annoying.

So my question is this: I want to quote a customers order to reflect the appropriate shipping fees. So is there a way that when a customer places an order they don't get taken to a payment platform, instead they will be notified that they will receive an invoice to pay once I put in the correct shipping fees.

Can anyone please advise?

Im regretting coming over to square/weebly now. so many functions you would think would be available are not available and im quite disappointed in this move now. Feel like I've gone backwards 😞

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @aedirect,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

Square Online integrates with an app called Shippo, which I imagine has similar functionality to Sendle. From what I can see they may also have some form of integration with Sendle. This would be your best bet to get accurate shipping prices via Aus Pos and other carriers.

Otherwise you can manually set up shipping rates, however it'd take a bit more work and isn't going to be as accurate as connecting to carriers themselves.

Unfortunately there's not currently a way to have the customer not make a payment at the end of the online shopping flow, but I'm wondering if Shippo might be the sort of app that solves the overall issue you're having here? Do let me know if you have any questions or other feedback 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Seamus,

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at Shippo but they charge monthly fees and at the moment Im tight on my budget.

So im looking for a work around.

Something too consider though.

Message 3 of 5

Since we are on the topic of Shipping, perhaps you can help me with this one...?

Im setting up weight based shipping.

Im offering free shipping for a particular item. Its weight is approx 100g. so the free shipping weight option I have put in, falls under 4oog as free shipping.

All other items 401g and up have set shipping prices. 

I have tested this in my shopping cart and I can add 10 of these items that would calculate to 1kg and the shipping still says FREE SHIPPING.

what am I doing wrong here?

thanks in advance.

Jen

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @aedirect

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with weight based shipping rates! 

From my testing, the weight of the combined items automatically calculates the correct shipping rate. So, even though an item of 100 g qualifies for free shipping, when ten of the same item are added and exceed your free shipping rule, the rate should be calculated accordingly.

While we're not able to look into your settings to troubleshoot this further, our support team would be happy to help. You can call support on 1800 760 137, and our lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST. 

I'm sorry I wasn't able to be of more help here! 

Message 5 of 5