x
Beta Member

item variations

How can we organize item variations that appear on-screen within Square POS? You appear to have the ability to move the item variations around within the Item setup section, but that has no relation to how these item variations appear on-screen in Square POS. This makes it very difficult to organize the on-screen listing of these variations as they appear to just be randomly displayed.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Alumni

Hi @Gabberdunes -

You can freely organize variations in any order. From the edit item screen, look for three lines next to each variation. Tap it and drag the variation to your desired order. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Mentioned in my original post that changes made here are not reflected on-screen in the Square for Retail app on the iPad. They just appear in some random order, not at all aligning with how we organized them from the Edit item screens. Really easy to reproduce for the development team.

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

@Gabberdunes

Yes, I actually tried reproducing your issue yesterday on my demo acct in app and didn't run into the same issue as you. 

First step is to trouble shoot your app. Make sure the version is up to date and your device's OS is updated too. 

Justin
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Ok, will check that now. Looks like we're on 12.4.8 IOS and app version 5.51. 

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Okay, iOS should be at 14.2 and the app version at 5.52. Can you update both and let me know if you still run into the same issue? 

Justin
Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

I've got the app at ver 5.52 now but iOS is up-to-date on this iPad Air at ver 12.4.9. I guess this older iPad Air cannot be upgraded beyond this iOS version? 

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Ah gotcha, as long as your iPad is updated as high as it can go. Since the app is up to date, are you still running into the same problem? @Gabberdunes

Justin
Message 8 of 8