x

upsell feature

I want to recommend other items to upsell when clients purchase when will this feature  be available on our items page? 

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @1Xh6fhoop, thanks for your post! You should be able to set this using the Similar items feature, which allow you to show up to 10 items that are in the same category. Once the feature is enabled, it'll show up like in the screenshot below.

ink - 2021-01-13T110144.634.png

You can read more about the feature here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

is it on square online that you want this? you could in this case show featured products at the top of your item page, if not use the featured items sections on the home page? ๐Ÿ™‚ hope I've helped

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @1Xh6fhoop, thanks for your post! You should be able to set this using the Similar items feature, which allow you to show up to 10 items that are in the same category. Once the feature is enabled, it'll show up like in the screenshot below.

ink - 2021-01-13T110144.634.png

You can read more about the feature here

Tra
Message 3 of 9

That's great. Thank You! 

Message 4 of 9

The Similar items feature lets us show up to 10 items that are in the same category as the item being viewed. I agree that can be useful, but it doesn't add anything to simply selecting a category. What I really want is to tempt the customer with items in other categories that might complement the item being chosen. For example, a wine that would go well with a particular item of food. Or a dessert that would be a good follow-on from a particular main course. 

Where do we stand on that kind of upsell capability?

kind regards

Alec Fearon 

Message 5 of 9
Admin

Hi @alecfearon, thanks for letting us know! At the moment, it isn't possible to have items from a different category show in the Similar Items box. I'll definitely pass your suggestion to our team for review and will be sure to follow-up on this thread if I have an update for more information.

Tra
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Hello, i am in the same boat, i want to recommend products from a different category. For example I sell plants so would like to recommend plant pots that fit the plant they are purchasing. Is this possible yet? Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Hi @TFP, welcome to the Seller Community!

At the moment, it isn't possible yet to recommend products from a different category unfortunately. 

While I don't have a timeline on when this will be available, I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Okay thank you for your help ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 9