x

Time Off Request History

Where can you view an employee's time off request history? Which days were approved/denied in the past?

Message 1 of 16
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @TerrorTacos - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

You can view your employee's current requests from the Shifts page of your Square Dashboard under the three dots in the upper right, then "requests". 

We do not have a log of past requests off, this would be considered a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 16

Best Answer

Hi there, @HouseofJuice thank you for reaching out to follow up on this thread.

You can follow along with the progress of this feature request here. If you know of any fellow Seller Community members who would like to see this built out as well, feel free to tag them in your post so they can share their thoughts as well! The more sellers chime into the request, the more likely it is to catch our product team's eye.

Violet

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Best Answer

Hi @TerrorTacos - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

You can view your employee's current requests from the Shifts page of your Square Dashboard under the three dots in the upper right, then "requests". 

We do not have a log of past requests off, this would be considered a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

Violet
Message 2 of 16

Hello Violet,
any news on this feature? It would indeed be of great help for our HR Manager to see how many holidays have been taken and are left for the entire year and not just getting a glimpse in the moment of confirming or denying the request. Clearly the system already calculates the accumulated "time-off/holidays" so we would only need an additional slot in "Labor & Tips"  for each employee.
Best regards

Message 3 of 16

Best Answer

Hi there, @HouseofJuice thank you for reaching out to follow up on this thread.

You can follow along with the progress of this feature request here. If you know of any fellow Seller Community members who would like to see this built out as well, feel free to tag them in your post so they can share their thoughts as well! The more sellers chime into the request, the more likely it is to catch our product team's eye.

Violet
Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

Agreed! We need this!

Message 5 of 16
Beta Member

I need to put my vote in for this also!

Message 6 of 16

Definitely need this feature! 

Message 7 of 16
Beta Member

Agree! 

Message 8 of 16

I've searched high and low and I don't see an option to view a team member's request history. It's not available in their team profile, and there's no option to view all requests from a calendar year, which seems wild to me. 

Once it's approved you can see it on the schedule that hasn't yet been worked, it shows up as "time off" on the schedule. But when you go back to schedules that have already been worked, it shows the days that the employee was off as a blank square, with no reference to if the employee was simply off, or if it was a request. 

Message 9 of 16
Super Seller

@NovaEspresso Currently this is a feature request in the scheduling app to be able to track these in a more meaningful way.  It will show you the number of days off requested this year when an employee requests time off.  As far as finding it, you can see it when you are doing the schedule, but I agree 100% we need this type of functionality to really use the request off feature as more than just an electronic sticky note.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 10 of 16
Beta Member

Surprised this hasn't been added yet!
We also have a need to review and monitor this on a level outside of the current requests.

Message 11 of 16

Need! Silly to have a system that you can review something, approve, and then not see it again. Otherwise in my mind the function is useless. 

Message 12 of 16

Yes, this feature is a must-have and should move to the top of the list of new additions to Square. It is really silly that we can only see the number of days an employee has taken off for a calendar year for a request off, but then not be able to have that information available for the remainder of the year. Please do it now Square.

Message 13 of 16

Hi! We also need this feature! Please help! We need the ability to see historical request-offs for our employees. It seems like this should not be hard to do. Why can we only view current requests that have yet to be approved/denied and no historical tracking? I would expect that to be an available report with any shift scheduling software. I even tried to look back in Shifts day-by-day to manually count but the request off disappears once the pay week is in the past.

• What Request off's were approved
  • What Request off's were denied
  • Date/Time stamp for when employee submitted a request off

Message 14 of 16

Yes - we're looking to move all of our scheduling over to Square but this is a "must have" feature. Please add this to the list!

Message 15 of 16

Thank you for adding your feedback to this feature request, @thesodashacktx

Message 16 of 16