x

How can I keep transactions separated between two registers and one cash drawer?

We have 2 ipads (drive thru and counter) that share a cash drawer but with the cash management counts them individually, is there a way around this so the combine cash sales so I can use the cash drawer feature?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I did end up figuring out that bc you can view the total cash sales in the dashboard and within the drawer you view the individual drawer cash sales that I can easily figure out what the cash sales were throught the drive thru and we just do a pay in to the drawer. Not perfect but it'll work!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Super Seller

Cash management will not work if you are sharing a drawer directly. 

I think you you could tell each drawer you have half as much starting cash and then at the end of the day you could total the 2 drawers supposed ending balance from cash management to see if it matches the actual drawer. I haven't tried it so it might work or not. 

Message 2 of 15

Best Answer

I did end up figuring out that bc you can view the total cash sales in the dashboard and within the drawer you view the individual drawer cash sales that I can easily figure out what the cash sales were throught the drive thru and we just do a pay in to the drawer. Not perfect but it'll work!

Message 3 of 15

I would like this issue to be fixed. it should be simple to sync.

Message 4 of 15
Admin

Thanks for your post @mpcsheffield. I'll share your request with the hardware team! If this is fixed in future I'll let you know in this thread. I hope the workarounds above are helpful in the meantime!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

When will this be fixed?  We need this in order to run our business properly. Please put it ahead of the line. Thanks.

Message 6 of 15
Alumni

This isn't a bug so there isn't a fix available. It's a feature request and we'll add your voice to the number of Sellers looking for this functionality. 

@sophiedavies

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 15

I just added a 2nd iPad to my store and when I look at the transactions at the end of the night on each station, it's showing me ALL transactions for the location and not keeping them separate. When I'm closing the drawer and there's a discrepancy, I need to just see the cash transactions that are specific to that drawer. Did I forget to do something when I added the 2nd iPad? Maybe a setting? Thank you for any help you can provide!

Message 8 of 15

I am having the same issue. I have an account that is shared between three people, and need to balance my numbers individually. There is an option to filter for your specific device in the reports tab, and it will show you your total sales for that day for your device only. My problem is when I attempt  to view my transactions only by backing up into the transaction page, it re-combines all the transactions. 

Message 9 of 15
Admin

Hi @GeorgeX @Jamesclark I've moved your post to this thread so you can see Check out @Danay's Best Answer with a tip on how to view cash transactions for registers sharing a cash drawer.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 15

Moving my post was a mistake because I’m not sharing one cash drawer with two iPads. Each iPad has its own drawer.

Message 11 of 15

Oops! Sorry about that @GeorgeX! I'm not sure if you've found solution yet, but I would recommend checking out Track Payments by Device. If you create device names for each iPads you can run your sales report by device to reconcile the drawer. 

Message 12 of 15

No Chad, I haven’t read that. But thanks for the answer! That makes perfect sense and it sounds very easy to do.

Message 13 of 15

You're welcome @GeorgeX! If you have any questions feel free to reach out! 

Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

It would be quite simple for Square to allow you to just add any drawer USB or Bluetooth to your network of devices then you could just simple tell which IPAD 

or device to link to which drawer. So in theory you could have 4 iPad POS going to 1,2,3 drawers.

Food for thought 

Message 15 of 15